Post-Game Talk: Well, Caufield scores two in Habs loss.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Trade Monahan for a first,trade Edmundston for a first…trade Drouin,Dadonov for anything You can get….I'm tired of a mediocre team year after year and to win a Stanley Cup it takes real rebuilding and great talent prospects.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I must admit and i'm ashame of the last goal by Ovy made me laugh a lot. It looked like Kova controller disconnected for a split second and he was battling to plug it back again before the inevitable KO.

Edmundson is worth a 3rd with retention. Dudes trash
He looks like a guy who don't give a **** right now. Probably because he does not ...

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sooooooo, we're all on team tank now right?
Ya still hate the idea of losing on purpose but I’ve now got my battle clothes on and I’m assuming my position in the tank. Team needs another premium player but as we know it’s hit or miss. Our first overall still has a lot to show. First overall pick should make more of an impact than he has.

Reactions: themilosh

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Trade Monahan for a first,trade Edmundston for a first…trade Drouin,Dadonov for anything You can get….I'm tired of a mediocre team year after year and to win a Stanley Cup it takes real rebuilding and great talent prospects.
salary cap.

Teams tend to wait until almost the last minute so they have that much more cap..

Dru and Dandy both suck so much they should just retire.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Ya still hate the idea of losing on purpose but I’ve now got my battle clothes on and I’m assuming my position in the tank. Team needs another premium player but as we know it’s hit or miss. Our first overall still has a lot to show. First overall pick should make more of an impact than he has.
I wouldn't call it losing on purpose, our roster just isn't very good.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
64jd7a.jpg
Mutt and Jeff

Reactions: Runner77

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

You can put your mind at ease. They are NOT losing on purpose. The team has a million problems right now, and if they were to lose on purpose, they’d probably screw that up.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
If tanking gets us Slafkovskys in exchange for 82 games of losing and a whole year wasted, may we never tank again. What a rotten deal, that.
It was the worst possible year since 2012 to draft first overall; that won't always be the case. This year, a bottom five finish is better than a first overall pick in 2022.

All I can say is that I was utterly delighted to see Ovi pick up his hattrick on a vintage power-move, outpacing a defenseman and charging the net. Beautiful.

Reactions: amethyst

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
They didn't build anything. All these garbage players is on Bergevin. Thankfully, we're getting rid of half of them this off-season.
Built in a sense they kept a lot of the guys they know don’t help a club winning . They knew how bad dandonov is but they didn’t mind as they got rid of weber contract and fully aware he would help the tank.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Missed the game, saw the score at 4-2 but didn’t really pay attention as I was busy. On my way back home, saw the final score on a bus stop screen, what the… happy for Ovy I guess :laugh:

On en a mangé une tabar…

Happy New Year HFHabs friends! Best wishes for 2023 (which means Bedard of course)

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
Traded Toffoli, Lehkonen, Kulak, Chariot, Petry, Poehling, Romanov, a 3rd & 4th.

Acquired Dach, Matheson, Dadonov & Monahan. The last two acquired as cap dumps for incentives, futures.
Prospects: Barron, Heineman, Smilinac. Three 1st round picks, two 2nd's and a 5th. Two of those picks being Mesar/Hutson

We went into the season with Matheson - Savard, Edmundson - Wideman as our top 4 and Allen & Montembeault as our duo.

Of course they are tanking this year.

DD/MSL were hired under different circumstances & expectations. Marty is Hugo's hire & guy. He knew the plan when he signed the extension. Even if he isn't actively tanking, management is (no choice given the roster). He can only play the cards he's given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad