Post-Game Talk: Well, Caufield scores two in Habs loss.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
St-Louis is not dumb, he understands the situation and knows its useless to throw some guys under the bus, we have too many washed up vets, he cant bench them all lol, its Hughes's job to do something and free up some roster spots for kids. We can keep crapping on guys like Drouin, Dadonov, Armia, Dvorak, Gallagher all we want, it wont change anything and its not their fault either, they simply suck at hockey.

This team played over their head way longer than I thought to be honest, I thought they would crack much earlier since the bleuline is very young and the offense was driven by 1 line, the kid one. The other 3 lines are total crap, especially without Monahan in the line-up, its like having 3 fourth line, thats how pathetic the team is up front. Teams only have to focuss on the Suzuki line and we are done.

To lose with more dignity, Hughes has to part with some vets like Dadonov, Drouin and call up kids like Ylonen, RHP, play the kids and live with their mistakes, at least those kids will give their all, bring some energy and generate an healthier competition inside our fowards group. It worked with our young defensemen, kids have been making mistakes, but overall did a great job, its going to be the same with our fowards group as soon as we part with some washed up vets and bring in some new blood.
I agree with most of the post, i also thibk the last part will happen , but he relying on those useless vets to get in a better tank position first .

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I didn't mean competitive in terms of winning games and contending but in the sense of what we saw before this crash, what we are seeing now is exactly what we saw from them when Ducharme was behind the bench last season. I realize the importance of getting as much out of this year's draft as possible but it's not good to see them ill-prepared to start games and being blown out as we are seeing now. Even in losses this season the team was having fun and playing hard but that is gone now and it concerns me.
Thé difference , the top 2 demen (3 if we include last night and top c after Suzuki ate out) when you already a tanking team and remove such key players it’s very difficult to keep competing

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Never ever did I think that a Montreal team could be more impotent than last seasons edition,yet here it is, Can they at least forfeit home games till the TDL,seems not right to pay the rate for the product. I'd be livid if paying a few hundred bucks for a surf and turf meal expecting filet mignon and lobster tail and ending up with a hotdog and a tuna roll.lol.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Thinkng they should waive at least one vet, and send a message to the others....
Losing is ok as we know, but not getting pounded like that...............we really do need a top 5 pick in 23....
Amen. I don’t mind the losing so much, but the not trying part is killing me.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, some think that there's some moral code attached to being a fan of a sports team tied to an entertainment corporation. It's the sort of deluded partisanship that makes you wonder if they can have a modicum of objectivity when dealing with more complicated and important subjects.

Not only do they lack objectivity, their ego's needs drive them to want instant gratification, as if the team is a reflection of their own greatness, so don't you dare wanting to lose to get a better product in the future, because to them it's a reflection of your own and their own character. It's completely berserk.

These sorta of fake moral codes don't serve anything else than themselves. Partisanship is an intellectual and social crutch to begin with, it borders on insanity when you're extending this mentality towards trivial things like sports entertainment.

I just wanna have fun watching my favorite team in my favorite sport. The fun we've had, watching them trying desperately to rise from mediocreland, dwindled as the team kept repeating the same patterns of always falling short in competitiveness and never gaining enough talent to make the team truly fun to watch. Not only did this pattern not offer enough, the desperateness of the team's situation at being stuck in no man's land makes them use boring tactics to compensate the lack of sheer talent, like grinding, over-reliance on defensive aspects. This sorta shit becomes so dull when there's been so many wasted kicks to the can.

Oh noes! 😱 People want something different with a different path, how dare they!?

They're like the Greta Thunberg of entertainment sports, but without an actual point to make or ground to stand on.

Some of us don’t really spend a ton of time caring about whether we participate in a “partisanship moral code”.

It’s just that you may as well quit watching the team until it gets better if you spend your time wanting it to lose. Ain’t no one got time for that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who's your Daddy now? :laugh:

ucxaEeX.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad