GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF Game 1, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It looked like a bad hit the first time i saw, no replay of it has changed my mind. Still surprised it got a playoff game suspension though.
I agree. It wasn’t necessary to defend that play. I fully believe he was looking for some payback with a big hit. Don’t think he was looking to head shot tho. Is what it is.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Maybe if Doughty wouldn't have taken a stupid, angry headshot Kings would have a shot at game 2. If they blow this series, you can thank him.

I get it, dude was pissed they were down a goal in the first game of the playoffs in the 3rd period. He didn't have to blatantly take his frustrations out on Carriers head. Doughty is a loose cannon and a menace to society.

He's lucky he only got suspended for 1 game.
who are you the new Osprey? You make it seem like he flew at him with his chicken wing and leveled him with a career ender.

Dopee

Oct 29, 2017
who are you the new Osprey? You make it seem like he flew at him with his chicken wing and leveled him with a career ender.
Did you not see the play? I mean, it's possible he was aiming for the shoulder, but between me and you, Doughty hit him in the f***ing head....hard.

You can't argue facts, so don't even try. With that said, I think it was unintentional. He meant to level him, but not in the head.

He needs to be put in the corner for a game because he was a bad boy.

Last edited:

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I agree. It wasn’t necessary to defend that play. I fully believe he was looking for some payback with a big hit. Don’t think he was looking to head shot tho. Is what it is.
It was just a coincidence that happened to be Carrier skating down the ice with his head up his ass and Doughty was in the perfect position to level him. He would've and should've done the same no matter who it was.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Did you not see the play? I mean, it's possible he was aiming for the shoulder, but between me and you, Doughty hit him in the ****ing head....hard.

You can't argue facts, so don't even try. With that said, I think it was unintentional. He meant to level him, but not in the head.

He needs to be put in the corner for a game because he was a bad boy.
um ok...

Reactions: The Butcher

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Quick is going to have to be amazing tomorrow for the Kings to win. 3-4 goals would be nice too.

Still pissed off about the suspension. I don't agree at all. This just ruins the series and the playoffs for me. Haven't even watched hockey today.

member 88115

Quick is going to have to be amazing tomorrow for the Kings to win. 3-4 goals would be nice too.

Still pissed off about the suspension. I don't agree at all. This just ruins the series and the playoffs for me. Haven't even watched hockey today.
Not going to lie, i am considering dropping hockey with how inconsistent the refs have been and this stupid suspension.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I thought it would be farther from earth.
That's one of the softest calls I've seen in 30 years of NHL hockey. I've read your take on it through this thread and I'm having a hard time taking you seriously.
That's cool, man. I've watched ~30 years of NHL hockey too as a lifelong Kings fan. Doughty is one of my all-time favorite players. I love the Kings, but I try not to watch every game through Kings-colored glasses.

You're entitled to your opinions. That's why we come to these boards. I've noticed over the past year how this board has been take over by overly argumentative posters who resort to attacking another poster's intelligence. I have to stop reading half of these threads because they end up with two or three posters yapping back and forth as if they know everything there is to know about hockey.

I'm just out here contributing my opinions just like you.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
judging from the amount of missing posts in here, i'm gonna assume my favorite poster, "Ignored Poster", has made another run

just ignore him and move on with your lives guys

Reactions: Bandit and Sol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Carrier at least out for the series or something?

I don't think Gallant is dumb enough to let him play next game but I bet he's back by game 3. Vegas has the luxury of depth so even if he were fine they could just not play him and bring in fourth-liner-du-jour to prove their point. If he DOES play next game, hope the NHL lets them absolutely have it, because they called him day-to-day before the game even ended. They knew what's up.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
That's cool, man. I've watched ~30 years of NHL hockey too as a lifelong Kings fan. Doughty is one of my all-time favorite players. I love the Kings, but I try not to watch every game through Kings-colored glasses.

You're entitled to your opinions. That's why we come to these boards. I've noticed over the past year how this board has been take over by overly argumentative posters who resort to attacking another poster's intelligence. I have to stop reading half of these threads because they end up with two or three posters yapping back and forth as if they know everything there is to know about hockey.

I'm just out here contributing my opinions just like you.

This board has been like that since it's creation.

I agree. Many posters on here state an opinion as a fact.

But how anyone thinks that awkward hit deserves a suspension... I just can't even relate on any level. if that's what equals a playoff suspension with no priors in today's NHL I'm not sure its the spectator sport for me anymore.

Even still, if you think doughty is a dirty or irresponsible player for that hit I just can't do the math on that. Sorry. Without that fire in his eyes he's no drew doughty.

Dopee

Oct 29, 2017
This board has been like that since it's creation.

I agree. Many posters on here state an opinion as a fact.

But how anyone thinks that awkward hit deserves a suspension... I just can't even relate on any level. if that's what equals a playoff suspension with no priors in today's NHL I'm not sure its the spectator sport for me anymore.

Even still, if you think doughty is a dirty or irresponsible player for that hit I just can't do the math on that. Sorry. Without that fire in his eyes he's no drew doughty.
A headshot is a headshot. Accept it and move on.

Dopee

Oct 29, 2017
The ‘menace to society’ bit is what got me. If you saw drew on the street you would be fearful for your safety? Menace lol
Well with those missing front teeth i'd probably think he was a crackhead and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad