Welcome to Rangers Roundup Vol. 1 No. 1

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
In anticipation of an exciting 2021-22 season, @Amazing Kreiderman and I would lIke you to enjoy the first edition of a new video series. Our working title is Rangers Roundup and our goal is to have a conversation with different posters from the Boards to talk Rangers hockey.

This is our first effort and what better guest to have than @Edge to start our series. We had a great conversation touching on Gerard Gallant, Chris Drury, moves that were made and moves that were not made.

We will get better at the technical elements and look forward to having additional conversations with smart, high profile posters. We would love to have your suggestions and feedback.

Here is the link to our chat with @Edge (Michael)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Good stuff. I think my best takeaway from the round table is the point that Gallant has been given probably a little more in terms of roster ingredients than he “needs”. He will experiment in training camp and the early season. And then once he has his system and guys rolling, Drury will move any spare parts. Find homes for guys who don’t quite fit.
Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about lines since I think Gallant will be mixing and matching so much. I appreciate it’s a useful way to visualize and discuss the roster and lineup.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Definite non-candidate for a future appearance here to offer kudos for an job well done. Unexpectedly professional with the added bonus of not having to listen to two minutes of headbanger music on the intro and outro. Amazing what can be accomplished when people with some historical perspective and opinions based on close watching and facts get together... a model for what I WISH these boards were like more often, and even maybe for this whole frequently-ridiculous-of-late country! ;-)

Not a lot truly new here but given all the roster gyration in recent months helped me crystallize the fact that Barron is unlikely to make the squad right now and honestly I hadn't quite done the math by which the Reaves deal made Hunt a guaranteed AHLer.

I think the optimism re Chytil may be a little overboard and I hope I'm wrong; if he can bring what he did at last season's outset, plus some more, across a whole season that would be lovely... but I think that IF he's not included in a deal he had better prove himself this season or he likely never will. In any case the only way he displaces Strome next to Panarin is if Strome gets moved. If we take great leaps forward by Lafreniere and Kakko as a sort of given, I think Chytil's and to a lesser degree Blais' contributions are the biggest wildcards up front.

The D logjam is going to need to be partially resolved if not now then sometime in the next 12 months. I don't expect both Miller and Jones to be here next year, and I think y'all seem like you're discounting the expectations for Nemeth staying in the top six-seven for at least two years. If both Schneider and Lundquist are near-term givens, some of the other young D will need to be packaged.

Thanks again for an interesting and entertaining hour, gents.

Reactions: bobbop

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good luck to you both. I have never listened to a podcast in my life but I know how popular they are and am sure it will be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kane One

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Steven: "...When we traded that defenseman to Boston...what was his name?"
Edge: "O'Gara"
Steven: "Nooooooooo"

BTW, kudos for not mentioning J**k E****l once

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
William Karlsson was 24 when he was claimed in the expansion draft by Vegas. Chytil turned 22 last week. If Gallant can turn Chytil into Karlsson, Chris Drury will be doing cartwheels down Broadway.
Dvorak was suppose to be Karlsson 2.0 :(

but Chytil stands to benefit from this coaching staff

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In anticipation of an exciting 2021-22 season, @Amazing Kreiderman and I would lIke you to enjoy the first edition of a new video series. Our working title is Rangers Roundup and our goal is to have a conversation with different posters from the Boards to talk Rangers hockey.

This is our first effort and what better guest to have than @Edge to start our series. We had a great conversation touching on Gerard Gallant, Chris Drury, moves that were made and moves that were not made.

We will get better at the technical elements and look forward to having additional conversations with smart, high profile posters. We would love to have your suggestions and feedback.

Here is the link to our chat with @Edge (Michael)

Great Job all around.

No reason this can't become a top 'podcast'

Reactions: egelband

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
You should have cut to the black screen every time the man in witness protection was speaking.
8ci331X.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad