Prospect Info: Welcome to Montreal Nathan Legare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Kreider was considered by many to be the fastest player in his draft......really have to squint super hard to find Legare in Kreider.

Do tell.......:popcorn:
I meant in terms of him developing late and unexpectedly. Didn’t he grow like 6” after the draft? People weren’t expecting him to develop into the type of player he has become.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Seems like another reclamation project. Anyone know anything about him or see him play? Seems like he hadn’t caught fire in minors yet, and has problems with foot speed/skating:

Plays a heavy game, which is a big help to Laval. They're on the small side still, and could use his physicality. Skating holds him back. He can shoot when he has room.

He's going into his final year of ELC. How he plays will determine whether he gets a Qualifying Offer in 2024, or not.

Expect 10g, 25 pts & 70-ish pims.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I meant in terms of him developing late and unexpectedly. Didn’t he grow like 6” after the draft? People weren’t expecting him to develop into the type of player he has become.

Nope, he was huge and fast when he was drafted and is who I wanted Montreal to pick but we went with Leblanc. Nobody expected him to score 50 goals but the rest of his career is exactly what his upside always was.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
The Q is dogshit compared to other leagues and I think below even the USHL now…..

Quebec Major Junior Hockey League just won the last 4 Mémorial Cup​

A lot of older guys on these teams

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I suspect winning is an even better thing for media and fans in Laval.
Not advocating that we get lesser player if they are French… He is the 4th piece for the 3rd team of a 3way deal which is brought in just to make the cap work, you are my getting much more and if you are getting a Legare type player (avg. at best AHL level player) it isn’t a factoring in winning might as well be french…

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Penguins fan here. I've spent a decent amount of time these last 3 seasons watching the AHL Pens (yeah, I know Legare only played there the last 2).

Last NHL pre-season as well as the AHL season it sure looked like Legare worked on his skating (it's not a strength but no longer a real weakness). And in WBS he seemingly never took a shift off. Was active on both the fore and backcheck. He also added being a pest to his repertoire last season. Could the points/goals eventually come for him? Yes. But I'd bet against that.

All that said, I would not be surprised to see him get some NHL 4th line minutes this season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't see much in this guy, maybe I am missing something but looks like a career minor leaguer.

Reactions: Wats

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Penguins fan here. I've spent a decent amount of time these last 3 seasons watching the AHL Pens (yeah, I know Legare only played there the last 2).

Last NHL pre-season as well as the AHL season it sure looked like Legare worked on his skating (it's not a strength but no longer a real weakness). And in WBS he seemingly never took a shift off. Was active on both the fore and backcheck. He also added being a pest to his repertoire last season. Could the points/goals eventually come for him? Yes. But I'd bet against that.

All that said, I would not be surprised to see him get some NHL 4th line minutes this season.
Thanks tor chiming in. Always good to hear from someone who has watched the player a lot! I hope that he does become a positive asset to the club at either the AHL or NHL level.

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks tor chiming in. Always good to hear from someone who has watched the player a lot! I hope that he does become a positive asset to the club at either the AHL or NHL level.
He is a hard working kid with good attitude. A replacement for a guy like Teasdale on the Laval's roster.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Don't expect much from him, but it never hurts to add a hard working kid with a good attitude to what will be a young roster.

Pitlick was great his first half season here, but last year he was brutal and pouty. I remember on the below penalty shot when Suzuki scored a sick goal and the whole bench/pressbox was happy and loving it, then Pitlick was just sitting there moping.

He won't put up as many points as Pitlick would have in Laval, but I'd rather have players who bring a positive attitude and want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad