Prospect Info: Welcome to Montreal Nathan Legare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think that's more indicative that there's something wrong with the Q.

You look at that year and you have Veleno who's looking like he'll be past and pushed back to the AHL. Laf who's an NHL, but not close to what was expected of him.

You look at the points leaders for that year and a bit below them you have RHP and then even further down Mercer, who looks pretty good. Pelletier should get an opportunity this year.

Given what others are saying he has the potential to be a 4th line, energy player who can finish, assuming he's an absolute dog on the puck and finishes his checks.

Edit: missed Kurashev, as he's ahead of Mercer for points in the Q that year.

Is it the Q or youth hockey in Quebec? It seems like the guys from the Q who are making an impact in the NHL seem to be foreign, from the maritimes or undersized guys from Quebec that didn't really get respect as draft prospects.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure why he was an add on except to think Laval needs more bodies.

For a new management team that spoke often about development, I hope they got him so that a prospect that would be better off developing in 3R instead of Laval's 4th line.

Last season Jan Mysak struggled in Laval and often got little TOI. That's NOT how to develop a player, really he should have been in 3R playing a ton all year as you never want to see your 20 year old prospects not playing much.

Someone like Legare can they put him on the 3rd or 4th line or in the press box who cares vs say Riley Kidney who may be better off playing on 3R's top line then Laval's 4th line.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
For a new management team that spoke often about development, I hope they got him so that a prospect that would be better off developing in 3R instead of Laval's 4th line.

Last season Jan Mysak struggled in Laval and often got little TOI. That's NOT how to develop a player, really he should have been in 3R playing a ton all year as you never want to see your 20 year old prospects not playing much.

Someone like Legare can they put him on the 3rd or 4th line or in the press box who cares vs say Riley Kidney who may be better off playing on 3R's top line then Laval's 4th line.
Légaré is going to be on his third pro season, I'm not sure he'd have much to learn in the ECHL. He has the work ethics, he has the shot and the physicality to play in the AHL.

Kidney is a second round pick who just dominated the Q, unless he plays himself out of Laval, I can't see him starting in the ECHL. But, at least, he'd have something to learn in the ECHL contrairement à Légaré.

Lower level leagues can't be the only path of development for all of our players.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Légaré is going to be on his third pro season, I'm not sure he'd have much to learn in the ECHL. He has the work ethics, he has the shot and the physicality to play in the AHL.

Kidney is a second round pick who just dominated the Q, unless he plays himself out of Laval, I can't see him starting in the ECHL. But, at least, he'd have something to learn in the ECHL contrairement à Légaré.

Lower level leagues can't be the only path of development for all of our players.
Légaré's issue is skating, as was Teasdale, but these kind of players can still be useful for Laval, as with enough depth you can use them on a 4th line role and not have to worry about a 20 year old losing key development time.

Kidney we'll see how his off-season went and how he looks at camp but for now with all these bodies it's going to be a very tough camp and some may need to go to 3R to start the season. The smart move would be 3R over 4th line in Laval.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Légaré's issue is skating, as was Teasdale, but these kind of players can still be useful for Laval, as with enough depth you can use them on a 4th line role and not have to worry about a 20 year old losing key development time.

Kidney we'll see how his off-season went and how he looks at camp but for now with all these bodies it's going to be a very tough camp and some may need to go to 3R to start the season. The smart move would be 3R over 4th line in Laval.
*Predator handshake*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad