Tribute Welcome new Leaf goalie Veini Vehvilainen

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't think it was that big a deal in any case. Unfortunately we didn't have much of a window to ascertain if Lehtonen was Kimmo Timonen or pure KHL fodder, but we had a look, it wasn't a fit and move on.

This allows Toronto to approach future European free agents the same way. Zaitsev and Mikheyev are examples where they earned second contracts in the NHL and a lot of them didn't.

Do you believe that KD thinks there's enough defensive depth to not have Lehtonen?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Do you believe that KD thinks there's enough defensive depth to not have Lehtonen?

The Luke Fox article on Sportsnet clearly talks about how they needed to free up rotational opportunities for Sandin and Liljegren. Without making a judgement on whether we need Lehtonen or more veteran depth moving ahead, it is clear Toronto wants to spend its ice time to bring along their first round prospects vs a KHL free agent.

In terms of the VV return, it's a mystery box. I could see an argument being made for getting back a draft pick too.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Luke Fox article on Sportsnet clearly talks about how they needed to free up rotational opportunities for Sandin and Liljegren. Without making a judgement on whether we need Lehtonen or more veteran depth moving ahead, it is clear Toronto wants to spend its ice time to bring along their first round prospects vs a KHL free agent.

In terms of the VV return, it's a mystery box. I could see an argument being made for getting back a draft pick too.

Hi5

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Tarasov appears to be the gem of the CBJ organization and I assumed Kivlenieks would have been ahead of Vehvilainen based on their AHL numbers recently but apparently some CBJ fans had "VV" ranked higher.

Well, at least by the numbers there, you can see VV was ahead of both at the same Ages, for the most part.

Tarasov has the advantage of being 6'5" tho.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

The hilarious thing is just a month ago we had all these threads accusing Dubas of "burying" Sandin and Lilly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad