Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
"Attitude" has become a meme on this board, but we're seeing concrete benefits of good attitude this season. Weise is glowing with it. That kind of positivity is a great culture to have in a locker and the right standard to be setting for our young guys.

Thompson and Weise are bringing way more much NHL experience than Chaput or Agostino.

Reactions: Holystik and cphabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Neat story about how Weise found out he was traded to the Habs again:

Weise was in the gym at the PPL Center in Allentown, PA - home of the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms - when he found out that the Canadiens had secured his services for the second time.

It's a story the nine-year NHL veteran will surely never forget.

"I was getting a stretch in. The way the rink is set up there, you can see through the window, you can see the coaches' office. I saw the coach [Kerry Huffman] kind of looking at me a little bit. We got home pretty late, so he was maybe like - 'Why isn't this guy sleeping, what's going on?' Then, he walks in with his phone - 'Weiser, did you see this?' I was like, 'No, I don't know what you're talking about.' The last thing I thought of was a trade. I thought it was something funny he was going to show me on his phone," described Weise with a laugh. "It was the Flyers' Instagram saying that I'd been traded, so it was a unique situation. I haven't had that happen before."

Needless to say, Weise wasted little time retrieving his cell phone. And, it was literally blowing up.

Weise: 'I'm totally excited about the opportunity'

Flyers management never contacted him. They posted the trade on their Instagram account. Jeez, how much did they dislike the guy?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
zslMxjg.jpg

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
My fave moment was the affect he had on Lucic.When Lucic was being interviewed in his dressing room after being eliminated he couldn;t even speak,just shook his head and grimaced.....lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It will be interesting to see how he fits with CJ.

MT seemed to love the guy, and used him in elevated roles many times.

Although CJ is no stranger to using his 4th line guys either. We saw it in Boston, and back in his first go round with the habs, it was begin who really excelled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad