Confirmed with Link: Weissbach re-signs 1 year 2 way deal 775k

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'd love to see Weissbach get a shot in the Quinn slot. He has a much more complete game than Kulich. Even if they give Savoie nine games there I'd like to see Weissbach replace him if they then send Savoie back to juniors (baring Matt tearing it up in the NHL).

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not a great situation for him to get NHL time. There must be lots of guys like this in the AHL and so few opportunities with a minor club that can both (a) offer a good experience/is a quality org and (b) there is space for him to push onto the big club.

I do see NHL talent here, but with an org that is rebuilding.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Seven....Seven bottom pairing d-men.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Apologies, my son woke me up at 4 AM today

giphy.gif

Sounds familiar, though mine did it by texting me at 4:30. Just because.

As for Weissbach, time to see if he can use that speed and peskiness in camp for one of the depth jobs. It would be a great story if he manages to make it, always love guys who re-invent themselves along the way.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
I like that the front office is pushing these guys on show it deals to potentially earn the 13th/14th forward spot. I dont expect Weissbach/Murray/Rousek (2 yr deal) to all be here NEXT year, but having them here now gives Rochester some good talent and AHL vet leadership, as well as some good depth in cases of callup.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like that the front office is pushing these guys on show it deals to potentially earn the 13th/14th forward spot. I dont expect Weissbach/Murray/Rousek (2 yr deal) to all be here NEXT year, but having them here now gives Rochester some good talent and AHL vet leadership, as well as some good depth in cases of callup.

One thing the good health of their forwards until late in the season did was hold up getting another look at 2nd year Weissbach's 2-way commitment or if Murray's apparent nudge in foot speed make it at the NHL level. Rousek got his nibble, both Weissbach and Murray were good enough at times that they should have had a few NHL games as well. Even if they don't catch on with Buffalo, it'd be cool to see them bubble up to NHL roles, especially after the timelines with both being so long.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
One thing the good health of their forwards until late in the season did was hold up getting another look at 2nd year Weissbach's 2-way commitment or if Murray's apparent nudge in foot speed make it at the NHL level. Rousek got his nibble, both Weissbach and Murray were good enough at times that they should have had a few NHL games as well. Even if they don't catch on with Buffalo, it'd be cool to see them bubble up to NHL roles, especially after the timelines with both being so long.
It also gives them options as well as they have a little of every flavor (sans enforcer) in Rochester. They could in theory plug and play all different roles

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Biro and Weissbach deserve to be the 14th/15th forward in an organization. Right now, it feels like they are buried

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
25 years old— wouldn't be surprised if he gets one game next year, but he's at best a good sign that Rochester is a priority for the org and its development strategy.

Biro probably gets game before Linus though. He might seriously be 16th or 17th at best. I'm surprised he didn't get an SHL offer, he played at Frolunda when he was a teen.

Reactions: Kulich Man

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It also gives them options as well as they have a little of every flavor (sans enforcer) in Rochester. They could in theory plug and play all different roles

Yeah, I don't know if either makes a push in camp - someone might given how Appert spoke of Weissbach in particular and that a guy dedicated to playing on the right side of the puck and PKing is kind of a missing in the grand scheme of things at NHL depth levels. If not, they get someone who we hope is still hungry to show they should get a look at the NHL level. (That is in no way an indictment of either Weissbach or Murray, both of whom were quality individuals for the Amerks last year and if they weren't, I doubt they get the tender.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad