Weiss working out

Octopus

May 17, 2006
I met a young man today who plays in the NCAA and he happens to be skating and training with Stephen Weiss this summer. He said that Stephen was really frustrated last year and is determined to make a difference this coming season with the Wings. He made the comment in the title and if he plays as everyone expected when he signed the big contract it will go a long way to helping the Wings get to the next level they need to get back to competing for a cup. Good luck Stephen, we're all pulling for you !

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Health is the biggest factor in determining where our season goes next year.

Weiss could be next in line. If we can keep 13 and 40 together and have two other lines that are a threat, look out.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Health is the biggest factor in determining where our season goes next year.

Weiss could be next in line. If we can keep 13 and 40 together and have two other lines that are a threat, look out.

That really sets us up to have three lines too as the kids or even Helm could form that. Really Babs can go with the bottom six line playing the matchups or hot hand. I honestly think Nyquist will be huge for Weiss, I think they can really compliment each other in terms of the Weiss I remember from Florida when healthy.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
That really sets us up to have three lines too as the kids or even Helm could form that. Really Babs can go with the bottom six line playing the matchups or hot hand. I honestly think Nyquist will be huge for Weiss, I think they can really compliment each other in terms of the Weiss I remember from Florida when healthy.

Yeah I agree. I think Nyquist could be huge there and really allow the 2nd line and Weiss to be effective. And that's why I'm now expecting Nyquist to be with Sheahan and Tatar and Weiss to be centering Franzen and Alfie because Babcock's gonna Babcock.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
we'll see how it goes I guess

but if Weiss can be even close to what he once was I think there will be some very different opinions on Weiss vs Filppula next year,especially since I expect Filppula to regress

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah I agree. I think Nyquist could be huge there and really allow the 2nd line and Weiss to be effective. And that's why I'm now expecting Nyquist to be with Sheahan and Tatar and Weiss to be centering Franzen and Alfie because Babcock's gonna Babcock.
Franzen-Weiss-Alfie was a complete failure last season, but you're right, that seems like something Babcock would try again if he think Weiss' health was dragging it down. Even Babcock should realize that an element of speed in Nyquist really adds a different element to the top 6 though.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
well my expectation on him has dropped so low tbh. When I think of Red Wings, he is not in the picture.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It's a good sign to me that he acknowledge that he should do better, and working for just that in the off season. Lets just hope that we get less injury days on our centers next season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am glad to hear the confidence of Weiss from a lot of reports. But unless you're coming of surgery you should have hit the ice this week at the latest and been in the gym for several. Now Weiss would be one of these surgery deals, but there is a reason we know Zetterberg reportedly feels the best he has in years and it wasn't because he reached for a bag of chips for Emma and decided to share it. These guys are in the gym for a little while now, have started on ice workouts and should be getting ready to ramp up straight to the camp time period, most workout pretty hard for at least eight weeks in the gym and on ice before training camp. June is their month off and unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you want to look at that) for a lot of our guys May was included as well this past season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad