Injury Report: Weiss skating in full gear

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't look now... Here comes Weiss to save our season ;)

crashman

Sorry to be the pessimist, but it will be good news if he's back being to effective when he returns. If he comes back and plays anything like he did earlier in the season, then we're better off with Sheahan.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Good sign? :laugh:

Here's to Weiss coming back and playing like his old self...

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
We're better off with both.

Agreed. Should help the PP. I know a lot of us are in terrible spirits when it comes to this team. Myself included. If we can get Mule, Dats, Weiss and Alfie back and get into the playoffs.... But guys like Shehan need to play over Joker and Glendenning come playoff time. If we get in of course.

crashman

We're better off with both.

Then add Glendening to the that, because every single one of our centers has been better than Weiss was earlier in the season.

Personally, I think Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss (if effective), Helm down the middle is optimal, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Then add Glendening to the that, because every single one of our centers has been better than Weiss was earlier in the season.

Personally, I think Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss (if effective), Helm down the middle is optimal, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

Yeah, but do we know how long he was playing with a sports hernia? Hopefully he can be 100% healthy and ready to go.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I don't mind Glendenning. But in no way does he belong on the roster when we're healthy. Gonna be maddening when Sheahan ain't playing but he is.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I just want the guy healthy. He is useless to us until he is. I really hope he avoids any urge to push himself too hard or rush himself back.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I hope this isn't another Ray Whitney situation where a guy seemed like a good fit but it didn't work out. I'm not going to pass judgment on this move until next year.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I hope this isn't another Ray Whitney situation where a guy seemed like a good fit but it didn't work out. I'm not going to pass judgment on this move until next year.

:laugh: God, I remember being frustrated with him so often. And yet he still put up 43 points in 67 games. Goes to show you how far our standards have dropped. At this point, I'm just hoping Weiss is an upgrade over Andersson.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'd welcome him back with open arms, but I'd also give him about 5 games to show he's an improved player compared to before surgery. Otherwise I say we roll with Dats-Z-Helm-Sheahan or Dats-Helm-Andersson-Sheahan down the middle.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I'd welcome him back with open arms, but I'd also give him about 5 games to show he's an improved player compared to before surgery. Otherwise I say we roll with Dats-Z-Helm-Sheahan or Dats-Helm-Andersson-Sheahan down the middle.

No way I'd put Andersson ahead of Sheahan at this point. He's a faster version of Andersson who actually uses his size and at three years younger (Yes, 3. Sheahan turned 22 a month ago and Andy will be 25 in a few weeks) already looks like he has at least the same offensive capabilities as Andersson. No point in cutting his minutes only to give them to Andy.

"But Sheahan was -3 last game." Yeah, and Andy was -3 about a month ago (which was preceded by back-to-back games where he went -2) and is -8 on the season. Andys a decent PKer, but he's nothing special defensively at ES.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Good news. Hopefully he can make a season turnaround.

This is one of those situations that If he comes back early, and doesn't perform. I will more upset, then if he returns on time, and everyone knows he is more than healthy, and then his resume can start again from scratch. He has until half way through next season to impress (else we might buy this man out)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I have a feeling he will be decent when he returns to the lineup. This much time off can only help. He can't get any worse than what he was at the start of the year, so it only goes up from here. If he somehow comes back, and he's just as bad as he was early on, then I would seriously consider buying him out.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
That's excellent news, essentially gives him 7 weeks to rehab his injury and get himself in game shape. This is pre-season 2.0 for Weiss,

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
I'd prefer to have datsyuk or franzen back over weiss but at this point anyone injured getting back on track is good news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad