Weird PC issue

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I shut my PC down last night like I always do and today when I power it on, I get fans and lights on HD, GPU, Cooler, etc, but I get no signal on my monitors and I don’t get lights on my mouse and keyboard, which generally happen immediately.

I’ve tried plugging the HDMI directly into the mobo, same deal. I’ve switched the position of the RAM and I’ve booted with each stick individually. I’ve booted with one HD at a time and still the same issue.

i am completely stumped. All this stuff is no more than a year old, and obvious anything is possible, but I shouldn’t be having issues yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
No lights on your mouse and keyboard suggest a problem with the motherboard, since they get their power from the motherboard (unlike hard drives, case lights and larger case fans, which get it directly from the power supply). Make sure that the power connector from the power supply to the motherboard is fully attached to the motherboard. Try pulling the power cord from the back of the case, waiting 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and powering on. If there's a BIOS reset jumper on your motherboard, try that (set it, try to power on, then set it back). If there's a CMOS battery, you can try popping that out. If none of that works, it's possible that your motherboard needs replacing... or maybe the CPU. I don't think that a motherboard will even power USB devices if there's a major issue with the CPU, so, if you built the system, yourself, and are comfortable, take the heatsink/fan combo off, check the CPU and re-apply thermal paste.

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I also just noticed the case fan that’s connected to the Mobo doesn’t spin up. Checked everything and it’s good. Guess it’s time for a new mobo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad