Weird and crazy AHL play-offs, can someone please explain

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was just looking at standings and noticed some crazy shit
the teams that q to the play-offs...its all wrong...how are
the play-offs teams decided in the AHL this season?

Not by points, nor by point % thats for sure.. because,...

How the hell San Diego Gulls are in the play-offs with 27 wins and 40 losses
but Iowa Wild is not with 32 wins and 40 losses???,

Wild point % is better, they have more points, they play in the same conference as well.....

Also, other conference...

How are the Penguins, Bears and Islanders in the play-offs which much worse
records and point %'s what Marlies and Americans, who are not in the play-offs...

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
All how-to-get-there & how-to-stay-there details are revealed in the League's annual Playoff Primer. It's not all that complicated ...
In 2021-22, the AHL will have 23 teams participating in the postseason.

All but the bottom two teams in each of the AHL’s four divisions will qualify for the 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs.

Home-ice advantage in all series will be granted to the team with the higher points percentage. ..

Reactions: adsfan

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
It's all within the divisions
the 2 divisional winners out of East will play each other and same in west with the conference winners meeting to play for Calder Cup

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Watching Moose and Admirals game 5. So much better than junior hockey... I am still bitter having to watch the Cape Breton Eagles play instead of the AHL.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
That is because Stockton Arena was already booked for graduations. Stockton had the option to host the first 2 games or the final 3 games. They chose the first 2 games.
Utica played Game 1 on a Tuesday and couldn't play Game 2 until Saturday because of graduations. Lost any and all momentum from the Game 1 6-3 win. Rochester took b2b Games 2 (@Utica) and 3 (@ Rochester) 4-3 in OT.

G50

May 21, 2011
Near the Wolves, IL
Wolves vs Stockton CFs. This could be a series for the ages right here. Really worried, Stockton scares me more than anyone in the AHL.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I was sold on Springfield from the start. In October I didn't think Providence would beat them all year and although the Bruins weren't that bad against them overall, they are clearly the cream of the crop in the east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad