Silver Seven Weekly Question: What Can We Expect From Tim Stützle This Season?

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Is Stutzle really a goal sxoree though? 20+ goals for his rookie season seems a bit lofty for me. Then again if Patrick Kane is his comparable...

he’s got an elite wrist shot. Problem with Stüetzle is that he doesn’t shot enough.. but that is not a big problem.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
0.4 to 0.5 ppg is what im expecting but he better get top 6 minutes on the team otherwise send him to the ahl/germany for next season. No need to play him in the bottom 6 with grinders

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
he’s got an elite wrist shot. Problem with Stüetzle is that he doesn’t shot enough.. but that is not a big problem.

I thought that his shot (and unwillingness to shoot) was one of his very few drawbacks? I don’t remember seeing any scouting report that mentioned anything about him having an elite shot. Would love to be proven wrong, though!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'd go with 40-49 but hoping he gets 50+.

Lets remember a 1st overall in Nathan MacKinnon came in with 63 in his first year as a comparison. Pierre Luc Dubois (third overall 4 years ago) came in to the NHL a full 1 season after his draft with 48.

If he somehow manages 50+ I would be thrilled.

While this is a terrible situation to be in, I think it might be a good thing for his hockey development. He gets a shortened season or an extra year of growth before his debut. With the NHL planning for January 1st I don't see how we go with anything other than the tried and true 48 game season. And whether he joins Ottawa for that or waits a year... it's to the benefit of his development.

Maybe I'm completely misjudging the ability of players in this draft but given it was a toss up for who to take at #2 I would hope this is a stronger draft.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
A lot of conflicting reports about whether he's able to cross the pond this year or not, although he says he has an out-clause.

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing another year in Germany if Mannheim would play him at centre, as well as the WJC where most likely will. Otherwise, I'd rather he spends the year in Belleville than in Ottawa if there's an AHL season.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
A lot of conflicting reports about whether he's able to cross the pond this year or not, although he says he has an out-clause.

I wouldn't mind seeing him playing another year in Germany if Mannheim would play him at centre, as well as the WJC where most likely will. Otherwise, I'd rather he spends the year in Belleville than in Ottawa if there's an AHL season.

He said his goal is to make the NHL this season and Dorion mentionned he likely makes the team so he can definitely come over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad