Weekly News Roundup (9/19 - 9/25) - Matt Hardy-WWE, Cena/Taker, SD stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Orton/AJ would be a good match but I don’t want Orton in another WM main event title match. I guess it would mean AJ would go over, Orton also really steps up his game in WM matches as well, but I don’t want them to stretch Orton/AJ from Survivor Series all the way to WM. Go Wyatt/AJ or something else for Mania, let AJ go over Orton at SS and RR, have Wyatt win the rumble and play mind game with the two main champions before ultimately taking on AJ, or even take down the machine with HHH’s new champion KO.

Also why have Dean/Joe when you can do Lesnar/Joe

Because at 2am I wasn't thinking clearly. :laugh:

Lesnar/Joe and Ambrose/Wyatt.

man is that horrible match with shane the way taker really wants to go out? If i were him i'd want something good on the way out and have a match with cena/aj/rollins

Because Undertaker was legitimately pissed that they wanted him to do the job to Shane.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think i wanna see that.

A "i'm only here for the money" Lesnar va old Goldberg? God help us when that makes the Mania card.

I'm ok with another Goldberg run, but put him against somebody who gives a ****, not Lesnar.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Goldberg vs Stroman? I honestly don't know what they'd do with him if he were to come back for a one off match.

Maybe a segment or something where he spears the daylights out of someone?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Cody Rhodes is not allowed to use "Rhodes" on television elsewhere because WWE has that name trademarked and he didn't wrestle anywhere else before WWE. His wife, Eden, will be going by "Brandi Rhodes" since she previously used "Eden Stiles" in WWE and that's the name WWE trademarked. TNA will bill them as "Cody and Brandi Rhodes" for mixed-tag matches and refer to Cody as just "Cody" on television.

- Cesaro said in an interview that he does not like his current theme music and never has and wants new music.

- There's talk of a "Shooters" stable happening on Smackdown with guys with amateur wrestling backgrounds. The current idea floating around is that it'd be a stable consisting of Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler and Shelton Benjamin.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Ricochet is planning on staying with NJPW.

- Meltzer was speculating that it was a bad move to have Ambrose beat Cena clean on Smackdown, and thinks Cena may have been unhappy with that decision as it didn't make sense.

- Ryback officially changed his real name to "Ryback". His name is now "Ryback Allen Reeves".

- On Chael Sonnen's podcast, Chris Jericho said he got the Styles Clash unbanned from WWE. The move was banned before AJ Styles signed with the company.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Jericho wanted to, much less everyone else in a suit within the company, he could be Triple H's #2, I'm not sure what that position is, Director of Talent Relations or whatever. Everything I've heard, or listened to him talk about, the guy gets every single facet of this business.

Observer is really painting a bleak picture of the business today.

Ambrose going over Cena made sense to me since he has the match next week with Styles. If Cena would've went over, we would have all freaked out that Ambrose was getting buried under a part-timer. At some point, guys have to win matches and become bigger stars otherwise once Cena leaves, AJ Styles is on his own.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If Jericho wanted to, much less everyone else in a suit within the company, he could be Triple H's #2, I'm not sure what that position is, Director of Talent Relations or whatever. Everything I've heard, or listened to him talk about, the guy gets every single facet of this business.

Observer is really painting a bleak picture of the business today.

Ambrose going over Cena made sense to me since he has the match next week with Styles. If Cena would've went over, we would have all freaked out that Ambrose was getting buried under a part-timer. At some point, guys have to win matches and become bigger stars otherwise once Cena leaves, AJ Styles is on his own.

I agree fully. Any podcasts I listened to that had Jericho and Edge on it I couldn't help but think they were just two guys that got...IT.

They could easily work their ways into upper management if they wanted to.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree fully. Any podcasts I listened to that had Jericho and Edge on it I couldn't help but think they were just two guys that got...IT.

They could easily work their ways into upper management if they wanted to.

I just heard the one he did with Edge and Paul Heyman, and it was so awesome. One of the 3 or 4 best I've heard along with Gallows/Anderson and the second one with Balor

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer said you could tell within the first two minutes that Cena was checked out and was just going through the motions and something was off.

Meltzer says beating John Cena should be something saved for special occasions and not on a match with a one-day build and since Cena's the only actual draw, they should be protecting him. Meltzer gets where they're coming from because of Styles vs. Ambrose, but Cena needs to be protected.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Meltzer said you could tell within the first two minutes that Cena was checked out and was just going through the motions and something was off.

Meltzer says beating John Cena should be something saved for special occasions and not on a match with a one-day build and since Cena's the only actual draw, they should be protecting him. Meltzer gets where they're coming from because of Styles vs. Ambrose, but Cena needs to be protected.

Ya he looked slow and off.

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah I don't get why Ambrose winning is a decision that doesn't make sense.

he beat john cena in a 10 minute match, with zero promotion, on a rollup. it looks like another one of WWE's last minute decisions to me, because that is incredibly dumb

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Ambrose needs the protection more. He's probably going to lose to Styles on Smackdown and probably eat the pin at No Mercy. He can't lose to both Styles and Cena before losing in the triple threat. That essentially kills his credibility and the match.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I actually liked when Swagger and Ziggler were both in the same stable with Vickie as their manager, and they constantly kept trying to one-up each other. Teammates with tension. Too bad there was never any payoff.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
he beat john cena in a 10 minute match, with zero promotion, on a rollup. it looks like another one of WWE's last minute decisions to me, because that is incredibly dumb
He's John freaking Cena, dude. He's been going over for 10 years, god forbid he lose a 10 minute match on a rollup. Pretty much the last guy who needs protection. Ambrose losing would have been way worse.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The problem is there was no build so the shock of Cena jobbing clean wasn't fully capitalized.

It was the right move for him to do the job, but the whole thing was a bit ho-hum and thrown together.

Ideally if you plan to have Cena job clean, you want the maximum amount of eyeballs possible.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Meh, "clean" to me is a better win than a roll up. I've seen enough Cena wins in my lifetime to not really care if he's caught off guard with a roll up once. Ambrose can't be a chump forever.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
[spoil] Why am I reading online *off google* about Rock vs Lesnar this Sunday? :laugh: [/spoil]

if this is a spoiler, I apologize. I just figured it's stupid.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
- Cody Rhodes is not allowed to use "Rhodes" on television elsewhere because WWE has that name trademarked and he didn't wrestle anywhere else before WWE. His wife, Eden, will be going by "Brandi Rhodes" since she previously used "Eden Stiles" in WWE and that's the name WWE trademarked. TNA will bill them as "Cody and Brandi Rhodes" for mixed-tag matches and refer to Cody as just "Cody" on television.

- Cesaro said in an interview that he does not like his current theme music and never has and wants new music.

- There's talk of a "Shooters" stable happening on Smackdown with guys with amateur wrestling backgrounds. The current idea floating around is that it'd be a stable consisting of Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler and Shelton Benjamin.

Ugh, please don't stick Benjamin with these two... i'm sick of Ziggler and don't get me started about the all American American American...American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad