Confirmed with Link: Weekesbomb: Palat to NJ for five-year deal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not everyone, but plenty of people wanted him when it seemed like JG was destined for Philly.
I did too, but when the Isles also missed out on JG I figured they'd swoop in and give Palat some six-year deal lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This COMPLETELY f***s our cap up. Don’t you know? He’s going to be a pile of bone dust as early as next offseason.

We saw how far a guy like Tatar deteriorated. It’s just f***ing stupid to be giving this type of commitment to non star players at 31

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I mean I can see why people are weary of this deal(Ryane Clowe certainly comes to mind) but Palat isn’t going to breakdown like Clowe did. The deal might not age well but I think we get at least 2/3 solid seasons from him.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Let’s talk in 3 years when we’re legitimate cup contenders and we can’t make the additions we want because we have a 34 year old Palat locked in at $5.5m.

If we're legitimate cup contenders, trade a few picks to get him off your damn roster. Teams do it all the damn time. Let's actually get into the conversation first before we have this issue. I swear if the Devils signed Gaudreau today, some of you would've asked how we would pay Nico Daws in 2035 or some shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad