OT: Weekend Hockey

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
Hey folks, I've a question for those who play hockey around Pittsburgh. I'm much appreciative of any responses.

I work all the time. I get a few Saturdays off. I'm searching for some stick time, preferably ice hockey, where I can practice and play. Is there anywhere with such during the weekend?? I can't find anything other than ice skating during the weekend. Are there any good spots?? I used to go to RMU Sports Center and Ice Castle but they've got nothing. I'd even settle for pickup deck-hockey if it came to having nothing else.

Thanks in advance!

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
How about just deck hockey?? Anyone with any advice?? I've looked around, asked around, I guess weekend hockey doesn't exist in Pittsburgh.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
Was looking for stick-time more than pickup...but I'll take it, thanks. :)
Now I just have to wake myself up at around 7 a.m. to get out there..:laugh:

Mister Hockey

Mar 4, 2004
Washington, Pa
Back when I played which hasn't been for 13 years. Some of the ice time was Sat. Into Sun. at 3:00 am.

I always played D and some of the guys would come from the bar. That's when I would switch from Dave Burrows mode to Bobby Orr mode. It's pretty easy to skate around a drunk, fun times. I wish I could help you, but we all quit playing about ten years back. The one thing I can tell you is the hiurs will suck.

I got a friend who lives in Lexington Kentucky. He get ice Time at 8 or 9 PM. But, he told me they are so dumb there, that forget to put water in the Zamboni.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad