GDT: Weekend GDT| Bingo @ Albany | Friday December 28th, 2012 | 7 pm w/ stream

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Bingo gets out-shot again.

Crazy how well this team is doing while consistently giving up more shots...

I forget where I saw it, but it showed a chart of bingo games recently and the shot differential has plummeted but the goals we win by are gradually going up still. Whatever works I guess:D

I remember Luke was supposed to make us a defensive team but there's just too much skill on the team for that. Best game plan is to let the players do there thing and let Lehner and Bishop stand on there heads

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Luke is now a coach at the all star game!
By virtue of the Binghamton Senators' 4-2 win over St. John's on Monday night, Senators rookie head coach Luke Richardson has earned one of the two coaching spots for the Eastern Conference at the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic, set for January 27-28 in Providence, R.I.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I forget where I saw it, but it showed a chart of bingo games recently and the shot differential has plummeted but the goals we win by are gradually going up still. Whatever works I guess:D

I remember Luke was supposed to make us a defensive team but there's just too much skill on the team for that. Best game plan is to let the players do there thing and let Lehner and Bishop stand on there heads

Ya it doesn't mean a lot... At the start of the season the BSens were outshooting the opposition massively but they weren't winning as much as they are now

Scoring chances is more important than shots.

I didn't watch many games but their plan is probably to let other teams shoot from everywhere except from the "paying zone"... They have 2 of the best AHL goalies to make the saves (Bingo's SV% is well over 0.930) and big D-men to clear the rebounds

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler
Ya it doesn't mean a lot... At the start of the season the BSens were outshooting the opposition massively but they weren't winning as much as they are now

Scoring chances is more important than shots.

I didn't watch many games but their plan is probably to let other teams shoot from everywhere except from the "paying zone"... They have 2 of the best AHL goalies to make the saves (Bingo's SV% is well over 0.930) and big D-men to clear the rebounds

Shots and scoring chances correlate very strongly in the the long run.

Don't think it's Richardson's plan to be 30th in shots against. Regardless how confident the team is in the goaltending.

Bingo was a little better than evens in shots for and against through the first 15 games, but have been pretty consistently outshot since. Here's their shot differential to date, vs. the Syracuse team they're chasing:

screenshot20130101at632.png

The team has improved in a lot of facets vs last year, but shots against is one area they're worse.

General Granny*

So is there any reason why Sportsnet refuses to show any BSens games on their AHL game of the Week?

Ratings.

The club can't even sellout their own arena in a lockout with a team with the best winning percentage and a Calder championship 2 seasons ago.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Maybe it's because Bingo is an American team, every single game that Sportsnet has shown has a Canadian team in it so the only way Bingo will be shown is if they play one of the Canadian teams

Saturday, Jan. 5 Rockford IceHogs @ Toronto Marlies 3 p.m. ET/Noon PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Saturday, Jan. 12 Chicago Wolves @ Abbotsford Heat 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Maybe it's because Bingo is an American team, every single game that Sportsnet has shown has a Canadian team in it so the only way Bingo will be shown is if they play one of the Canadian teams

Saturday, Jan. 5 Rockford IceHogs @ Toronto Marlies 3 p.m. ET/Noon PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Saturday, Jan. 12 Chicago Wolves @ Abbotsford Heat 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Not true, on the top of my head they've already played a Milwaukee vs Chicago game, among a few others from what I remember.

peter67

Oct 16, 2012
Nepean

Agreed. I think they only broadcast Canadian teams, whether they are NHL or AHL.

Toronto - Toronto
Montreal - Hamilton
Winnipeg - St. John's
Calgary - Abbotsford
Edmonton - Oklahoma City (US)
Vancouver - Chicago (US)

In most cases, the AHL team is Canadian. So our only hope is to see Binghampton playing one of the above, and I don't know if there are future games with these teams.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Agreed. I think they only broadcast Canadian teams, whether they are NHL or AHL.

Toronto - Toronto
Montreal - Hamilton
Winnipeg - St. John's
Calgary - Abbotsford
Edmonton - Oklahoma City (US)
Vancouver - Chicago (US)

In most cases, the AHL team is Canadian. So our only hope is to see Binghampton playing one of the above, and I don't know if there are future games with these teams.
I thought they originally said they would show at least one game from every farm team of a Canadian NHL team. I'm assuming at least one of the games from the Bingo road trip to Toronto/Hamilton will be shown which is in March when the NHL is back and no one will care to watch AHL games anymore, and they'll point to the low ratings and will never show Bingo games again. book it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad