Pre-Game Talk: Week to Talk Practice (DAL)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's finally here, the first week of the season! And then we wait all week for one game. Perhaps final cuts today and the roster has to be set by 5pm on Tuesday (I'll add a poll then).

Coach has outlined the week's schedule as this:

Monday - long practice
Tuesday - long practice
Wednesday - off ice
Thursday - short practice
Friday - short practice

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Rantanen is practising again, right? Do we expect him to break camp with the team or go to SA for a warmup game or two?

Whatabout other injuries?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I cannot believe we actually went undefeated in the preseason. If the first couple games go well these guys will be rolling in confidence.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think we win with Dallas, but then lose a couple on the upcoming road trip. It won't be the end of the world, just need to get out of the next two weeks with a par .500 record IMO.

The schedule makers must have been either on crack or they are actually a pack of monkeys throwing **** at dart board. One game at home, then back to back to start an Eastern road trip (against very good competition). After this, five days off just to have another back to back. Seriously, what the ****?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Rantanen is practising again, right? Do we expect him to break camp with the team or go to SA for a warmup game or two?

Whatabout other injuries?

If he practices all week he'll probably stay. Another thing is if Mikko can't play this weekend then it's like another whole week until the Rampage play while the Avs have 4 games next week so I'm not sure what the point of sending him then is either.

Mitchell I think is close, Comeau the least. But we'll see today.

we should probably pump the brakes. if i remember properly the leafs did the same thing a few years ago and they were absolutely rotten all year.

It's not like these games happened in an alternate reality. Things such as confidence and reinforcement that the system works are things that carry over. I don't think anyone is making any grand conclusions like it's guaranteed playoffs or something.

Siemens finally assigned to SA

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
we should probably pump the brakes. if i remember properly the leafs did the same thing a few years ago and they were absolutely rotten all year.

The Jackets went 5-1 preseason and we all know how that turned out.

That said, this is such a refreshing turn from the last two preseasons where the team looked abysmal and Roy reassured us that everything was fine before scrambling to make last-minute changes that didn't work. And overall the team just looks more organized and disciplined, and dare I say, energized. Maybe they crash and burn, maybe they don't, but for the first time in a long time I'm optimistic heading into an Avalanche season.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Apparently G Bourque on waivers means that they've signed him to a contract. I don't know how that works.

Ben Smith, Martinsen and Trent Vogelhuber all make the team.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I assuming that Vogelhuber is here because of his connection to the Monsters?

I must have not been paying attention because I've barely heard anyone talk about him.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I a bit surprised on R Bourque. He had about the best possible preseason he could. I certainly won't lose sleep over it as I didn't want him brought in to begin with, but I don't know what else he could have done to earn a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad