Pre-Game Talk: Week to Make it Rain (@MIN, FLA, NAS)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Many grats. This looks very familiar and like it has much of what I was looking for. But is there some way to get it to show me his #s by period, and by shot intervals within a game? i.e. can it show me how he did against his first 5-10 shots against in a game over a specific stretch?

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Unfortunately I don't think it goes quite that deep. The closest I think for that would be that for individual games (in that Tabular by Game column) you can get a game report that has 5v5 event charts but you'd just be looking at rough values since the chart doesn't give raw#s on it.

EDIT: Actually it looks like in the "Game Report" for any individual game you can get event tables by period, but not by a specific stretch of time, so that's something at least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is there a good site for looking up players #s from previous seasons, broken down by months and 5-10 game increments? I'm curious to look closer at Varly's inconsistent patches and pinpoint where & when Varly was healthy enough to play, but didn't play like Varly. If it's just intermittent fluctuations, if there's certain triggers to his poor form (like not starting regularly enough, getting shellacked for a game or two, letting in a softie early in a few games causing his confidence to spiral, etc.), if it lines up with him coming back from injuries/his court stuff, or what.

Cause as I remember it Varly started his first season very well, went to **** over that winter, before tearing it up down the stretch. Then came the lockout year where Sacco broke his spirits half way into the season after Varly had been keeping us on the playoff bubble with unreal play. Then came 2014. Then last season he started slowly whlie battling injury, before coming back and playing lights out the rest of the way.

Odd bad games here and there, particular on trips to western canada or when he had too much time off between starts, but that's how I remember his play in general being throughout his avs career leading up to this season. So I'd like to see if that fits, and if there's any things that seem to line up with those down periods in his form.

I like viewing individual player profiles on Yahoo and viewing their "split stats". It gives you breakdown by months, days of the week, how many days rest, against certain teams and many more. Plus you can view it over the course of his career or look at individual seasons.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, not nice. Afternoon games suck unless it isn't your team. And even then they are still brutal.

Works well for soccer fans. I'll get to start the morning by watching my favorite team play, then watch the first division club I like, followed up with the avs game; and after all that I can spend the rest of my saturday in the lady friend's arms, washing away my sorrow at the day's results.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Meh its an afternoon game aka throwaway game for whatever goalie is in there.

I'm not too shocked with Varly's form since having to take time off for court and Pickard's play in yesterday's game. But I do think it being a (notoriously unpredictable) afternoon game, made the decision easier. Let Varly keep tearing it up in practice so that he's full of swag when he's back in for the next one.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Holy crap, how long does it take to upload the video from practice/interviews etc?

Almost 5PM EST, hours later and they have not put anything up. What did they all do take a three hour lunch?

Usually you can expect to watch Roy's media availability within a couple hours of practice or sooner.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think you have to keep going with Pickard as long as he's playing well. I love Varly but he has a SV% under .890 since the beginning of February. It sucks for him but you go with the guy giving you the best chance to win right now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Holy crap, how long does it take to upload the video from practice/interviews etc?

Almost 5PM EST, hours later and they have not put anything up. What did they all do take a three hour lunch?

Usually you can expect to watch Roy's media availability within a couple hours of practice or sooner.

I'm not sure the new video/website helps with this

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Prediction: Pickard will **** it up at some point, Varly will come back ANGRY and kill it, balance in the universe is restored

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm kind of blown away that there is so much controversy over this whole Varly vs Pickard situation. When you're do or die in the final stretches before the playoffs don't you play the hot hand?

Varly is the number one. He has had a rough year no doubt, but he still is the number one for this team. He will be back in before the playoffs I bet.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think you have to keep going with Pickard as long as he's playing well. I love Varly but he has a SV% under .890 since the beginning of February. It sucks for him but you go with the guy giving you the best chance to win right now.

It depends on how he looks behind closed doors. If Varly seems rattled, like he needs some time off of worrying about games to just reset and get used to being his monster self again; then sure. But he's our #1, the guy who's got us this far, and who we need to be on his game if we want to steal a playoff series or two. So if Varly's looking like he's fired up and back to himself, we need to throw him back out there sometime soon.

With this being a crucial divisional game and an afternoon game, sticking with the hothand is perfectly reasonable; but if Varly's looking like Varly again to Allaire, he should get the Arizona game, even if Pickles decides that tomorrow is a good day for a 50-save shutout.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
The thing that haunts me is that the team in front of the goalie seems to be a lot more confident when Pickard is in the net lately

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The thing that haunts me is that the team in front of the goalie seems to be a lot more confident when Pickard is in the net lately

They can tell when Varly's fighting it, usually they've stepped up on those night, but he's been fighting it a lot since his court case. If he gets his mojo back they'll feed off of it again.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I'm not sure confident is the right word. Fired up and focused is probably a better way to describe it, and they should be given their play lately that has helped contribute to Picks playing instead of Varly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad