Pre-Game Talk: Week on the Road (@Tor, @Mtl, @Bos)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Eastern Canadian roadtrip with Boston tacked on at the end. Gonna be another tough week as Toronto is still on the new coach high and Boston is obviously a great team (not sleeping on Montreal either, I'm sure they could break out of their funk at any time)

Injury Report:
Landeskog - Going on road trip
Calvert - Possibly playing Wed. @Tor
EJ - Week to Week
Burakovsky - May join team at the end of the trip
Wilson - even more dead now, went from day to day to having surgery and out long term. So he’s now died twice this season.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wow, games that actually start at a reasonable hour for me this week :laugh:

Hopefully we really start to get healthy this week. Honestly cant wait to see this team with Calvert and Landeskog back in the lineup.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Leafs will be on the 2nd of a back to back with us coming in rested. Hopefully the boys come out strong for a W. Montreal is in shambles, no excuse to not push for the W here. Bruins scare the hell out of me. Team is sooooo good this year. Predicting an L for this one but hoping to be wrong.

W-W-L

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll be at the game in Montreal. :naughty:

Kind of disappointed it's on the back end of a back to back. Outside of the home and home with Chicago those games haven't been great for the Avs. Leafs in Toronto is a tough game as well.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say W-W-L

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto is in a very interesting situation with our game. Their backups absolutely suck, and they are facing Philly the night before us. Andersen can probably keep the team in either of those games, but I doubt they play him for both games.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
We are going for the sweep boys. With Mikko back we will crush that Canada teams and have a shot at Boston. I have a feeling we stun the Bruins. We are like a tidal wave at the moment and we are about to find out what we are made of. We could really use the Kobra Kai coach for this trip. One message, "Finish them."

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It's exciting that some of our top players are coming back from injury, I wonder if Bednar will try and spread out some of the depth. I could see lines of:
The Don-MacK-Rants
Compher-Kadri-Bura
Landy-Jost-Calvert
Nieto-PEB-Nuke

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
We are going for the sweep boys. With Mikko back we will crush that Canada teams and have a shot at Boston. I have a feeling we stun the Bruins. We are like a tidal wave at the moment and we are about to find out what we are made of. We could really use the Kobra Kai coach for this trip. One message, "Finish them."

We do seem to always play Boston well.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
W W L

Toronto should be close to the end of the new coach bump, Montreal is in a nose dive, Boston is the scariest team in the league right now.

With Mikko back the lines look a ton better. I'd really like to see one of Landeskog/Burakovsky back though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad