Pre-Game Talk: Week of Wondering (@CHI, NYI, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
so Wagner cannot play another position, I guess we are ok at forward even with the twin pops and mitch.. they both have crazy skill but are soft, even Iggy...
I hope we can find some pp help, after that first group its pretty rough...
Iggy Mitchel and ? we need some one with both grit and hands.. I am thinking Wagner as that do it all type roll player.. like a tougher J Mcginn

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wagner can play wing, but he isn't getting in the lineup over Skille, McLeod, Iggy, or Tangs.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Id put varly in atleast until Christmas. Now's our time really get back into a playoff picture, and like others have said I still dont fully trust Berra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Id put varly in atleast until Christmas. Now's our time really get back into a playoff picture, and like others have said I still dont fully trust Berra

To me it's less about my trust in Berra and more about the team's absolute-faith in Varly. Berra has been steadily good enough to win with this season and I do actually trust him to give us a chance whenever he has to play; but he doesn't inspire confidence in the men in front of him like Varmalov does when he's playing like a real Steve out there.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
To me it's less about my trust in Berra and more about the team's absolute-faith in Varly. Berra has been steadily good enough to win with this season and I do actually trust him to give us a chance whenever he has to play; but he doesn't inspire confidence in the men in front of him like Varmalov does when he's playing like a real Steve out there.

Yeah sort of the same. I trust Berra more right now than 2013-14 Berra but just have so much more faith in Varly.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Wagner can play wing, but he isn't getting in the lineup over Skille, McLeod, Iggy, or Tangs.

Someone was talking about Wagner's contract situation as well. If he would play all games for us he could reach enough games, which would make him UFA instead of RFA, so that might be one reason as well.

CAn anyone confirm this? Just remember reading about it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yeah sort of the same. I trust Berra more right now than 2013-14 Berra but just have so much more faith in Varly.

Not against Edmonton. Varly always gets lit up vs them. What is his career record vs Edmonoton? Colorado also seems to play terribly vs Edmonton for some reason..

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Someone was talking about Wagner's contract situation as well. If he would play all games for us he could reach enough games, which would make him UFA instead of RFA, so that might be one reason as well.

CAn anyone confirm this? Just remember reading about it.

He has to have 72 total nhl games to not become a group 6 UFA. So he can't sit too many more. But maybe the Avs don't care about this.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011

Venturing over from the "Misery Forum', better known as Ducks Central.

Wagner had some real strong games at wing for the Ducks and was really physical on the wall, also always on the penalty kill. I see he's sitting regularly in Colorado now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Wagner had some real strong games at wing for the Ducks and was really physical on the wall, also always on the penalty kill. I see he's sitting regularly in Colorado now.

He's been a scratch the last 3 games, after playing in, I think every game since his claim. Not exactly "sitting regularly", at least that's not how I'd define that term.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

It's more because he's the 13th forward and everyone is healthy. Grigorenko might get scratched soon to get him back in. It's just a matter of the numbers right now, I think Roy would want to play him. Our AHL team is having a center crisis so it's not like we can just let him go.

I was wondering the mood over there. But the pacific is so bad you guys are in a better spot than we are.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Mood over here is miserable and really seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. It's not like it's one or two guys under performing, its the whole team, with the exception of the goalies and one or two guys.

I think the long term concern is real. Our top players are here for the long haul and they all look like they got real old over the summer. Getzlaf has 1 goal, Kesler 3, these guys are on the books for next 6 years.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mood over here is miserable and really seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. It's not like it's one or two guys under performing, its the whole team, with the exception of the goalies and one or two guys.

I think the long term concern is real. Our top players are here for the long haul and they all look like they got real old over the summer. Getzlaf has 1 goal, Kesler 3, these guys are on the books for next 6 years.

Anybody with half a brain could have predicted Kesler would fall off a cliff soon, didn't expect it to happen this season. That contract is an albatross

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We go 3-0 this week. Call me crazy, but I feel it coming.

Right there with you on this.

tumblr_mdn5c0qdmO1rsy0lf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad