Pre-Game Talk: Week of the turkey hangover: @Nsh, Pit, Stl, @Det

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If they can pull out a W in Nashville, I see no reason why the streak can't continue looking at the rest of the week. Gotta feast on these struggling teams.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
W W L W

We are healthier and hungrier than Nash and find a way to pull one out. (W)

Pitts plays @Jets the same day we play Nash. Customs and Hotel means less sleep and old people really need their ZZZs. (W)

After 2 big wins the letdown game bites back. ROR with a 3 point night (L)

Topline cranky after loss decides to take it out on Deadthings and combine for 11 points (W)

Reactions: forsbergavs32

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Score the first goal of the game against Nashville and don't stop to skate and it'll be a pretty good week. It'll be interesting to see what'll happen with Wilson and Compher. I think it makes the most sense to put Compher on the 2nd line and move Wilson to Soda's line but somehow I doubt this will happen.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
This schedule is brutal! Jesus, how many Back-to-Back Games do we have this season?? Another 2 coming up.....

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My buddy is in Nashville on business and is staying in the same hotel as the Avs. Of course that would happen to him (who cares not one little bit), and I’m the one being sent to freeze my ass off in White Plains, NY.

I was surprised the team got there that early though. I would’ve thought they would’ve stayed home as long as possible.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I was surprised the team got there that early though. I would’ve thought they would’ve stayed home as long as possible.

We have puck drop in Denver with the Pens less than 24 hours after the game in Nashville ends tomorrow night.

The team would want to break out the two flights as much as possible, allow prep time for a divisional game with the Preds, and... Nashville is one of the highlight cities on the schedule for the boys, but more importantly, the coaching staff.

Reactions: tucker3434

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

It's a back to back with them playing in Denver the next day. Maybe that had something to do with it.

I have to think Nashville is a scheduled loss. The remaining three should all be winnable so I'll say 4-5 points there.

Reactions: tucker3434

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Not sure, because Landeskog does a ton of heavy lifting for that line.
Yeah. Forsberg for sure wouldn't be able to play that role. If Forsberg played like in Nashville he probably would score more than Landy (still I think the dirty work he does in the offensive zone opens quite a bit of space for the other two as well, so it's not like the vast majority of effort is spent on just covering for them, he also helps out a great deal offensively), but that line would bleed goals much more as well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah. Forsberg for sure wouldn't be able to play that role. If Forsberg played like in Nashville he probably would score more than Landy (still I think the dirty work he does in the offensive zone opens quite a bit of space for the other two as well, so it's not like the vast majority of effort is spent on just covering for them, he also helps out a great deal offensively), but that line would bleed goals much more as well.

Yeah and MacK being a dunce defensively at times is enough lol. Landeskog allows that line to play a heavy checking cycle game when it's needed. That is something they've done a great job of this year on the road especially. When they need to play a heavy simple game of dump it down low and outwork guys they can. Especially now that Mikko has become a moving immovable object.

That is what makes that line special. They can play the game any way needed. As much as that line gets praised for their skill, the rare thing is the combination of speed, skill, and size.

member 116861

Yeah and MacK being a dunce defensively at times is enough lol. Landeskog allows that line to play a heavy checking cycle game when it's needed. That is something they've done a great job of this year on the road especially. When they need to play a heavy simple game of dump it down low and outwork guys they can. Especially now that Mikko has become a moving immovable object.

That is what makes that line special. They can play the game any way needed. As much as that line gets praised for their skill, the rare thing is the combination of speed, skill, and size.

Yes this is why we will be much better in the playoffs this year. You can't just shut down the first line anymore, they will find a way with how many different styles they can play.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nashville is an autoloss. Win the others

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If we can do well against Nashville I see no reason why we can't win all these games this week.

Lets keep streaking!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad