Pre-Game Talk: Week Of Sanny Claws | @VGK vsMIN @DAL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Putting those disasters behind us. Not worth fretting over two separate 3 minute collapses in the middle of an incredible 36 games played so far.

Onto the next one.

Here’s to hoping we see our #1D and #1G back in action Monday.

nhs05000_400_0.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My new lineup suggestion, Nuke and Burkie with Nate. Nuke does the Landy dirty work (just better than Landeskog has this season) while Burakovsky is the finisher. Yes Burkie sucks defensively but he’s succeeded with Nate so far. Doesn’t appear to be working anywhere else. Get 25+ goals out of this guys an flip him at the draft.

Nichushkin Nate Burakovsky
Landeskog Kadri Rantanen
Fill in the blanks from here.

I know it’s a little unfair for Donskoi to play lower down the lineup but he has shown he can be effective there. Hell I wouldn’t even be against Landy playing on the third line and giving useless Jost an opportunity to centre him. A lot of people have said Jost’s best hockey to date has been with Landy.

Reactions: Flow

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Kadri needs a wake up call. He thinks he's Wayne Gretzky out there just floating around looking to toe drag.

Listen bud you're not Nathan MacKinnon. Even Nate works way harder than you defensively which is scary.

He's seriously pissing me off. Don't get me started on his bonehead plays on the PP either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I seriously cant wait to see what the Graves/Makar pairing plays like when Cale comes back. If Graves can continue playing at the level he has with Makar gone... That would be one hell of a pairing for us at both ends of the rink.

Easily the biggest surprise of the year at this point for me. He was frustrating for a while to start the year because he was making some real nice plays but also some boneheaded mistakes. Now he's making way less of those mistakes and its fun to watch him.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
All I want for Christmas is a Conor Timmins call up by the end of January plz.

Graves-Makar
Zad-EJ
G-Timmins

Plz & thx.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Won’t see this until next season. Or perhaps playoffs once the Eagles are done. He’s getting the full season Mikko treatment and that’s okay.
You're probably right. Unless he really starts tearing it up down there and Coles bionic hips fall apart.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Remember when Jost went offside and took away the Landeskog goal in the 1-0 loss against Tampa last year?

Many Avs fans probably yelled dam you Jost!

And turns out one or maybe several of those Avs fans does witchcraft and literally cursed Jost into who he is now. Poor guy.

Only reasonable explanation

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Remember when Jost went offside and took away the Landeskog goal in the 1-0 loss against Tampa last year?

Many Avs fans probably yelled dam you Jost!

And turns out one or maybe several of those Avs fans does witchcraft and literally cursed Jost into who he is now. Poor guy.

Only reasonable explanation
Nah he was junk before that too. :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
My new lineup suggestion, Nuke and Burkie with Nate. Nuke does the Landy dirty work (just better than Landeskog has this season) while Burakovsky is the finisher. Yes Burkie sucks defensively but he’s succeeded with Nate so far. Doesn’t appear to be working anywhere else. Get 25+ goals out of this guys an flip him at the draft.

Burkie is Brian Burke.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kadri needs a wake up call. He thinks he's Wayne Gretzky out there just floating around looking to toe drag.

Listen bud you're not Nathan MacKinnon. Even Nate works way harder than you defensively which is scary.

He's seriously pissing me off. Don't get me started on his bonehead plays on the PP either.
Remember when Rants got injured 9 games into the season and Kadri struggled the whole time that Mikko was out? We were saying how disappointing it was that he didn't step up while we needed him the most. Now Rants is back and people are like "Kadri has been bad lately". Perhaps he's been bad since he joined that team?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not confident at all. Vegas is going to want revenge for us slapping them around at home earlier in the season, Minnesota is playing good hockey lately and Dallas, well, Dallas games are always a crapshoot.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Remember when Rants got injured 9 games into the season and Kadri struggled the whole time that Mikko was out? We were saying how disappointing it was that he didn't step up while we needed him the most. Now Rants is back and people are like "Kadri has been bad lately". Perhaps he's been bad since he joined that team?
Hey man you're preaching to the choir on this one. I have been wanting more from him since pretty much day 1. Too many lazy plays for me.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Nichushkin Nate Burakovsky
Landeskog Kadri Rantanen
Fill in the blanks from here.

I know it’s a little unfair for Donskoi to play lower down the lineup but he has shown he can be effective there. Hell I wouldn’t even be against Landy playing on the third line and giving useless Jost an opportunity to centre him. A lot of people have said Jost’s best hockey to date has been with Landy.

I'd be down to try anything right now, but I think after that I'd try Bura with PEB & Calvert. Maybe Bura floating around the slot and finishing would work.

I definitely think the top six is struggling enough that Bednar can't keep Nuke down there as his secret weapon anymore.

*OT where do they sell those things in the picture?

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Not sure why the top line can't get going. I know 92-96 missed a lot of games but they have played together long enough in their careers they should be gelling. Maybe a couple healthy scratches? If this line can't get going, we are screwed for repeating last year's playoffs performance. Maybe a players only meeting, who knows but think have to get better. It's not only the defense that stinks

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I think we probably lose another one in Vegas. Despite a better performance than the past few games, but Flower just loves to show up against us.

We should come out of the break flying with Makar back and pick up right where he left off.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thought it was funny that EJ comes back and Avs have two of the most frustrating losses of the season, lol. He's played good though, can't fault him for anything.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad