Pre-Game Talk: Week of Rest (@DAL)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs have their mid-season break and their only game will be in Dallas next Saturday. With no practices and limited news I guess we can consider this a week long pre-game thread for the matchup vs the Stars.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I'll move this in here, seems like they want the guys to get playing time during the break, which seems like a cheap way to circumvent the bye week, but it will probably be good for them. I wonder if any of them will be called back up for Dallas. Varley, Compher and Ghetto we're both expected to be back after the break, which would push Hammond and Greer out, but it seems like Mironov might get another shot, because Barrie still is not going to be back anytime soon and they might want another D up.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I just hope that this year's schedule in general was just a big fat mistake and they won't screw up like that ever again. Nothing was done right.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Makes sense to send those guys down when there's nothing going on with the Avs.

Hopefully Compher will be good to go because the Kerfoot line has been bad and Greer doesn't seem ready to me. IMO, he has looked worse in his callups this season than he did last season. He just turned 21 a few weeks ago so I don't think there's anything wrong with him spending more time in the AHL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Makes sense to send those guys down when there's nothing going on with the Avs.

Hopefully Compher will be good to go because the Kerfoot line has been bad and Greer doesn't seem ready to me. IMO, he has looked worse in his callups this season than he did last season. He just turned 21 a few weeks ago so I don't think there's anything wrong with him spending more time in the AHL.
That's how I've felt, too, during his call ups. He looks slower - much slower. Not every prospect will make it early, I think he can still use the AHL full time for the rest of the year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A shame, I used to absolutely LOVE Dallas/Colorado tilts. Just two teams that didn't give a damn about defense going at it. But yes, I'm glad this is over.

The schedulers are just awful quite frankly. Halfway through the season and the Avs are almost finished playing the division rival Stars, have barely played the rest of the Central it seems like, and haven't played teams like the Sharks (not that I'm looking forward to them though) at all.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just looking at some stats. We may see some star of the week honors for the Avs for the past week. Bernier was arguably the best goalie in the league during the week and Mikko was tied for the league lead in points with 8 in 3 games.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Ill be live, in person at the Dallas game. Flying out to go with two of my buddies. 1 Avs fan 1 stars fan. Hope to catch an Avs W!

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hopefully JTComphs and Varly will be back with a vengeance. I thought I remembered reading something about JTC coming back after the bye week.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If Bernier has a strong finish to the season. I wonder if they actually give him an extension. He might be the player they over pay a bit to reach the cap floor if he continues this way. He'd have a real shot next year at solidifying himself as a starter if Varly's groin continues to burn out.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad