Pre-Game Talk: Week of racing to the top: (@LA, NYR, Van, VGK)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
A bit of a tough week coming up, the Rags are decent, the Nucks are fighting for their playoff lives and Vegas is just a good team.

The Ever-growing injury pile:

Burakovsky - Lower Body, Day-to-Day
Makar - Upper Body, Day-to-Day
Calvert - Lower Body, IR
Grubauer - Lower Body, IR
Kadri - Lower Body, IR (Skating in non-contact jersey prior to practice)
Rantanen - Upper Body, IR (Skating in non-contact jersey prior to practice)
Wilson - Still no word on the date for the memorial service
MacKinnon - Lower-body

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If the timetable Bednar set is accurate (LOL), then we should be starting to get some guys back this week. We won't know till the puck drops day of though.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Namest performed at his best in the NHL when he was playing on the 1st line in Tampa. He seems to be able to complement top talent real well. I'd honestly keep him on that line.

This would be my 1-2 punch in the playoffs:

Landy-Mack-Namest
Bura-Kadri-Rants

That also leaves Nuke and Donskoi for the 3rd line which is awesome.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Power play desperately needs Rantanen back. Makar is great too, but only leaves a single one timer option in MacKinnon so the other teams just close in on him.

If Rantanen was back, at least Girard could QB the power play because he could look left and right for the one timer.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Namest performed at his best in the NHL when he was playing on the 1st line in Tampa. He seems to be able to complement top talent real well. I'd honestly keep him on that line.

This would be my 1-2 punch in the playoffs:

Landy-Mack-Namest
Bura-Kadri-Rants

That also leaves Nuke and Donskoi for the 3rd line which is awesome.

The first line’s really clicking with Namaste our there. If they keep it up, this is exactly what I want to see. Would give us 2 awesome/ productive lines at the top and spread out the scoring and make us a much more dangerous team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
0E778B74-4B5D-456E-9FBB-A2D6CA387E33.jpeg

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So they've brought Kaut back up...? That can't bode well for the injured players...or someone new has joined the list...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So they've brought Kaut back up...? That can't bode well for the injured players...or someone new has joined the list...
The Colorado Avalanche flying somebody from Denver to LA on the Last day of a 3 game/4 day roadie where they’ll fly home tonight after the game? Something happened. I don’t remember seeing anything notable but I’m guessing someone can’t go tonight.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Colorado Avalanche flying somebody from Denver to LA on the Last day of a 3 game/4 day roadie where they’ll fly home tonight after the game? Something happened. I don’t remember seeing anything notable but I’m guessing someone can’t go tonight.

Donskoi took that bad hit in period one? Maybe him. Guess Kaut really was a single injury away from burning a year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Could just be getting a rested body in action tonight on the 2nd of a B2B while getting a useless body(Kamenev) out of the lineup.
They didn’t mind using Barbario at F when it wasn’t necessary before. They could simply put Zadorov in and move Barbs up front. I think someone is injured/sick.

Avs wouldn’t waste a regular call up (based on their other stingy decisions this year) on a 12 hour thing when they already had a healthy scratch ready to go. Especially one that requires a flight and likely no pre-game skate for him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic supposedly didn’t want to burn a year of Kaut’s ELC. So one of two things are happening here. Kaut is called up to play just one game (which is good news and likely means they expect Kadri/Mikko/Burakovsky etc back). Or Sakic realizes burning the ELC isn’t a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad