Pre-Game Talk: Week of postponement and the blues.... and the B-Lose×2... maybe?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m sad man. And I know nobody gives a shit about my fantasy hockey team but I have Grubauer, Mackinnon, Mikko, Makar and Landy lol. Was literally running away with the league.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So, let’s assume that they’re without Rantanen, Dong, Byram, Calvert, LOC, and Grubs for the next one.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Saad - Kadri - Kaut
Soderberg - Jost - Nuke
LOB - Bellemare - Sherwood

Toews - Girard
Nemeth - Makar
Graves - MacDonald

Dubnyk

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If players keep testing positive, won't the Thursday's game be canceled too?l

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Nope. They’ll make the teams play a literal covid cup. Winner is the last to get infected.

The game will likely be canceled if there is a positive test in tomorrow’s batch.

I want a Avs Wild 1st round where Dubnyk plays every game and fights couple of Wild players. Make it epic, make the weird season even weirder

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
If we're still getting positive tests we have to assume Thursday gets cancelled..... If not we should just start putting more names on it so it does and we don't have to play without Rants.

Reactions: dahrougem2

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I’m sad man. And I know nobody gives a shit about my fantasy hockey team but I have Grubauer, Mackinnon, Mikko, Makar and Landy lol. Was literally running away with the league.

I feel ya, homie. But that’s exactly why you don’t draft or carry too many players on one time. I’m actually very surprised you even managed to pull all those guys.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If we're still getting positive tests we have to assume Thursday gets cancelled..... If not we should just start putting more names on it so it does and we don't have to play without Rants.
What's the team policy when they get covid and postponed games? Are players who haven't tested positive allowed to be around other players? If Mikko tested positive today, was he around his teammates yesterday or whenever? If so then there is a chance others might be infected and test positive in he next couple of days. Or is everyone isolated until Avs get back to practice tomorrow?

I can never understand the NHL's covid protocol. It's shit

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
when did they get thier vaccines again, and how long after you get it canyou be safe around someone with it?

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
when did they get thier vaccines again, and how long after you get it can you be safe around someone with it?
Usually you need 2 doses of the vaccine and a few weeks after to get the maximum benefits from it. The single shot the team got wouldn't make them immune.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Did the Avs get the 1st shot or the 2nd last week? If it was only the 1st shot of the vaccine, they have about a month until they've gotten the 2nd shot and it's maximum effect

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just so inconsistent how they are doing this. If no one has been together since late last week then why are we continuing to postpone games and team activity? Why are some teams playing through it with just isolated positive players, while others are getting rolling shut downs?

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad