Pre-Game Talk: Week of Delusional Optimism [vs CGY | vs MIN]

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have an irrational hatred for Dubnyk for whatever reason. Might be because I think he's been severely overrated for years. So ya let's light him up
Right there with ya. It is really rather irrational. Think playing for the Wild and being overrated is what does it.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I think it was Dubnyk who started smashing one of our guys head to the ice one game. That's enough for me.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I think it was Dubnyk who started smashing one of our guys head to the ice one game. That's enough for me.
As I recall that was Toronto legend Alexander kerfoot’s head (think he pulled some crap on Landy too)

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Why do we still care about the Wild? This team is past that. They were fun to hate on for a while, but they are an aging team that will be fighting for a playoff spot. If the Avs want to compete for a championship, worrying about a team that will probably finish in the 7-12 range in the West shouldn't be on the menu.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
You know who was all positives for me against Calgary? Val Nichushkin. If he can start getting on the scoresheet with regularity he will be a tremendous addition.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
He’s a goalie that throws cheap shots and dives constantly, the latter is expected the former is weird(in the way he does it, it’s not just stick taps)
Add to that he whines to the ref after every whistle and especially if there's someone anywhere close to the crease, whether they touch him or not. Can't stand whiney crybabies.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
Well as they say

giphy.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
God I hope they light up Dubby tonight so we get to watch him throw a fit.

I’m feeling a Kadri goal tonight.

Reactions: arun

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Kadri will find the net sooner rather than later. One thing I loved about him in Game 1 is that he is such a shoot-first player. The top line, while awesome, tend to pass more than they should sometimes. Kadri does not seem to have that problem.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Hoping our defense settles down tonight and gets into a better rythym. They were a little scattered on opening night.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Hahahahaha the Burakovsky top-6 experiment over after game 1 eh.

The guy just screams anti-Bednar.
I'd say it's on hold. I think we should try Donskoi- Kadri - Bura or move Rants to the second and give him a shot with Mack & Lands at some point, but it just doesn't make sense to have him and Jost on the same line. Basically we will see how long the Jost in the top 6 experiment lasts and adjust accordingly

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd say it's on hold. I think we should try Donskoi- Kadri - Bura or move Rants to the second and give him a shot with Mack & Lands at some point, but it just doesn't make sense to have him and Jost on the same line. Basically we will see how long the Jost in the top 6 experiment lasts and adjust accordingly
Never break up the top line. It's what makes us so dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad