Pre-Game Talk: Week of Déjà Vu (@PIT, @WAS, FLA, TB)

Strangest thing to happen this week?

• Duncan Siemens sees the ice

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Tyson Jost scores a goal

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Patrik Nemeth gets scratched

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victory against Tampa Bay

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Truly Déjà Vu happens

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's nowhere near as bad as some coaches (again, Babcock playing Komarov and Polak over much better players) but he has his tendencies.

Frankly though I don't see the issue right this second with Barberio. He was actually okay last game. I agree he shouldn't be playing middle or top pairing minutes, but I also don't think he's press box bait either. If there's one guy I wouldn't mind taking a seat right now it's Lindholm.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
It's one thing to give ice time to favorites. When you can't even honestly critique a guy and need to blame others though?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yak was sick according to the team, so it wasn't a "healthy" scratch. Bednar says he may or may not run 7D tonight anyway, which is idiotic.

I wonder if he thinks he's come up with an ingenious strategy that'll earn him a Jack Adams the way Roy did when he had so much success with the 6 on 5 innovation from his first season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Girard's probably wondering how he's one of Bednar's "favorites" getting 11:14, 12:30, and 9:18 in ice time recently.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
You might have missed the word partially. It was an important one.

Nope. The word doesn't changed what I said at all. He couldn't honestly critique Girard and he blamed others. Nothing about the word partially changes anything. Did I say anything about fully blaming others? Nope, sure didnt. I don't care who else was doing something wrong. Girard lazily retrieved the puck and that's why it was stolen. If he was hustling he would have been able to simply skate the puck away from the forechecker if others were out of position. And to top things off, being lazy seems to be the quickest way to his doghouse. Yet, he wants to partially blame others in this case.

Girard's probably wondering how he's one of Bednar's "favorites" getting 11:14, 12:30, and 9:18 in ice time recently.

Getting little ice time is better than none or being demoted to a lower league like other kids have been.

And clearly my issue is with what he said, not the time on ice. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Does hearing= suspension? Or could it still end up being a fine?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone have a gif of Huberdeau boarding Landeskog earlier in the week? Where's the hearing on that, dirty f***ers.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Knowing the DoPS, Johnson is going to get 3+ games for sure.

I am expecting 3 or 4 games, which I wholeheartedly disagree with, but it is easier in some ways to make examples of the Avs' players than players on other organizations IMO.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If it was up to Lightning fans, Johnson would be banned from the NHL and every Avs player would be given at least a 5 game suspension
A couple of them have really rubbed me the wrong way on this one. It's not like Avs fans are being all that unreasonable either. We all generally agree that EJ was reckless and deserves a suspension. They are acting like it is the end of the world.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
He got two games for breaking someone's wrist with a slash in 2014 or 13 maybe? I can't remember how long ago.

Didn't remember that. I guess 3-5 games isn't out of the question then.

Also that main board thread is hilarious. People act like he went full Happy Gilmore and tried to stab someone with his skate. It was a very stupid play and definitely suspension worthy but it wasn't so bad he should get 10+ games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad