Pre-Game Talk: Week of Cali Sun and the race to first place (@SJ, @SJ, @LA, @Ana

How many points do the Avs get this week?

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.7%

Votes: 16 29.6%

Votes: 12 22.2%

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
interested game, situations coming up today. mackannon fixd 100 point marking and resting rest regular out? will he be caught in trying to getting mikko missing same 100 marking?= will he not to be passing anything to mikko for 50? will he from mikko having pucks and to be shooting at birdie and audience etc by purpose so to say? will he be it duboyis out in denver ways? after if this senarious becoming truth and history then how come this to be in playoff setting spirits? as of today already team in total caos i say...and this coach not remembering name signed juut for 3 long years i say not right man for this team. 3 years strong favourite and only 1 cup bringed in ..and in wrong way. it coming by heavily stronger rosters than opponent not by rightgone matching and tactics i say. seeing problematic relations going on at ice i say this coming from coach letting it going on. makar playing too many solo also must mentioning this

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
interested game, situations coming up today. mackannon fixd 100 point marking and resting rest regular out? will he be caught in trying to getting mikko missing same 100 marking?= will he not to be passing anything to mikko for 50? will he from mikko having pucks and to be shooting at birdie and audience etc by purpose so to say? will he be it duboyis out in denver ways? after if this senarious becoming truth and history then how come this to be in playoff setting spirits? as of today already team in total caos i say...and this coach not remembering name signed juut for 3 long years i say not right man for this team. 3 years strong favourite and only 1 cup bringed in ..and in wrong way. it coming by heavily stronger rosters than opponent not by rightgone matching and tactics i say. seeing problematic relations going on at ice i say this coming from coach letting it going on. makar playing too many solo also must mentioning this

What coach do you think the team should hire?

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
What coach do you think the team should hire?
Rantanen as player-coach. He'll bench MacK and Makar due to their caos greedment, and build a large shrine to Landy in the locker room if the recent Avs social media is anything to go by.

Reactions: katfude

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Really not sure that Zava himself is supposed to be a storyline, as opposed to a means for Jamie and Roy's relationship getting stronger.

I am loving the Zlatan Ibrahimović inspiration for that character though.
It is definitely a tool within the story... but it is clear they are setting things up for Zava to undermine Ted's leadership where Jamie will become the saviour for Ted.

Reactions: Avs91

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It is definitely a tool within the story... but it is clear they are setting things up for Zava to undermine Ted's leadership where Jamie will become the saviour for Ted.
I mean...yeah. I've always found that, w/r/t Ted Lasso, they've usually done a good job at obvious set-ups and not-so-obvious set-ups.

So like Rebecca/Sam in S2...I think it was obvious that they were red-herring'ing Ted/Rebeca, but I wouldn't have thought it was obvious that they were setting up Rebecca/Sam.

Or even Nate's storyline. I think it was obvious they were tearing him down in S2, but I don't think it was obvious that they were going to have him do what he did in the finale. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. Once he was getting more cocky and dick-ish, I expected him to go from protagonist to antagonist, but I didn't expect him to source Ted's anxiety attack to Crimm or the final meeting w/ Ted or leaving for West Ham. Was just expecting different levels of his turn.

That all said...I do think we're building to Ted/Rebecca, and yes I'd say it's obvious we're getting to Jamie being Ted's savior...after all he was Ted's downfall at the end of S1

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Hockeyprofessor...more like Dr Seuss! It's brilliantly poetic!

Ef0SK06WoAYQyvp.jpg

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

It was fun at first, now it's getting sad. You my friend finally

happy-days-the-fonz.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

So long as they somehow find a way to get Sassy to show up, I'm fine with whatever they do.

But I'm guessing, if the session with the psychic was any indication, we might not be seeing her character much at all going forward.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Damnit...chemobrain is striking again.

Someone posted a meme of KMac the other day and it had a caption about being...I thought a snowmachine. This is gonna bug me until I find that meme.

[edit...found it. We call 'em snowmachines in Alaska, it was snowmobile. The chemobrain wasn't as bad as I feared.]

1680808527653.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce