Pre-Game Talk: Week of Blue Jackets, Finland and No Finnish (vs CBJ x2)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've only had reindeer as grilled link breakfast sausage. Moose meat on the other hand, I wasn't a fan of it as a steak but using it as the base for a stew or a chili...now we are talking!

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Just seriously want to know when are the schedule returning to normal…so back to back then 4-5 days of hiatus and repeat. When will a game every other day return?! This is extremely annoying; even tho I don’t like it, it’s probably a good thing for the Avs right now since it will give time for Landy and Nuke to heal.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Is Georgie the most athletic goalie we've ever had? It's insane how quick he is.
1667670880791.png

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think Mikko and Lehkonen combine for 6 points in those two games. Avs win 1 and lose 1.
Looks like i'll be 50/50 on the prediction unless the Avs have an insane meltdown in the next 15 minutes.

Varly pre injuries was insane… to the point that it cause injuries. George is behind that, but an absurd level to reach
Truly a shame the Avs f***ed up that Game 7 in 13-14. Varly stole games in that series.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
IMO this was the most athletic goalie the Avs ever had. Yes, even moreso than Varly.

3wUGYxH7hqbLsqs1DsCzB0Yz4j8ZVfgk5eX0D6BZ_HE.jpg
I had to look at how old he was when he was traded to Colorado...he wasn't as old as I remembered.

Here's what Lacroix had to say about the trade :laugh:

"He is a proven, All-Star caliber netminder and at 29 he is entering the prime years of his career. Every year we are trying to reach the ultimate goal and this represents another sign to our fans that hasn't changed."

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I had to look at how old he was when he was traded to Colorado...he wasn't as old as I remembered.

Here's what Lacroix had to say about the trade :laugh:

"He is a proven, All-Star caliber netminder and at 29 he is entering the prime years of his career. Every year we are trying to reach the ultimate goal and this represents another sign to our fans that hasn't changed."
It was a no-brainer trade IMO, going from Aebischer to Theodore was a huge upgrade. Ad really, consensus at the time was that a player was indeed in his prime around that relative age.

Not that it makes a huge difference in the scheme of things but anytime Theo had to make his way to the bench for whatever reason, I don't recall a goalie ever able to skate as fast as he did. That's not the only reason I think he's the most athletic goalie I've ever watched, but it's part of it.

Lumipanda

Oct 5, 2010
Finland
I'll be at the arena Friday, long haired hippy with AVS shirt on with the number 82 and name RECKLESS on the back.
Sanokee hölökynkölökyn jos niätte! Friday can't come soon enough!
Wait wait wait.

Are you the guy from Rovaniemi in Paju Bar after Saturday's game? The one who we kidnapped?

EDIT: Nvm, they were shorthaired, but they taught my group to say hölökyn kölökyn. :D

• Haha
Reactions: RECKLESS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad