Pre-Game Talk: Week of being back at the infirmary (Buf, @Car, @Nsh)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That's what kept me from heading down to LA or Anaheim last week for a game, and whats probably going to keep me from going to SJ on the 8th to see them. I wanna see Rantanen, Calvert, Kadri (never seen him play live), etc..

I just don't want to spend the money to not see a fairly complete roster.

Yup... I went to the Avs/Oilers game in Edmonton earlier in the year when they were decimated by injury.

It was... not so fun.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Of the guys supposedly coming back in mid march, is Wilson on that list? I've heard contradictory stuff here.

Maybe a better question is... do we use him at all if he's healthy?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Of the guys supposedly coming back in mid march, is Wilson on that list? I've heard contradictory stuff here.

From my understanding it’s the “top guys”.

So I would guess that includes, Rants, Kadri, and possibly Grubauer.

If he’s healthy for playoffs he’s going to have a tough time cracking the lineup. But he could provide value on the 4th line and second PP unit.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I would guess, given the depth the team will have once everyone is healthy (if that ever f***ing happens) then he'll just be on standby. I can't see him really having a big impact after essentially missing a full season of hockey where he probably couldn't work out or skate.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Awesome to see Landy play better of late. He had a really good feed to Girard on the game-winner against Carolina, and 6 points in his last 6 games.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Really wish the Avs had added one more cheap depth forward at the deadline given these injuries. There is no way they should be out of post-deadline callups a freaking week after the deadline.

Tough game tonight too...Nashville has been playing some solid hockey lately. Looks like they're in a nice position to hold on to a wild card spot.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Really wish the Avs had added one more cheap depth forward at the deadline given these injuries. There is no way they should be out of post-deadline callups a freaking week after the deadline.

Tough game tonight too...Nashville has been playing some solid hockey lately. Looks like they're in a nice position to hold on to a wild card spot.
They aren’t out of moves. O’Connor would be their first post-deadline call up and if Kam is hurt it’s likely considered emergency anyway.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Interested what the lineups would be when fully healthy. My suggestion (edited):

Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin
Namestnikov-Compher-Donskoi
Calvert-PEB-Nieto
Jost, Kamenev

Kaut down

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Interested what the lineups would be when fully healthy. My suggestion (edited):

Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Nichushkin
Namestnikov-Compher-Donskoi
Calvert-PEB-Nieto
Jost, Kamenev

Kaut down

I love that Wilson doesn't exist even when we're fully healthy. Also, Jost has done more in the last couple games to stay in the lineup than Nieto has. Nieto kind of just exists lately, and doesn't do much more.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Serious question but is Colin Wilson's career potentially finished?

This guy has been out the entire year, supposedly has a lower body injury and wasn't the fleetest of foot to begin with.

I don't think it'd be a surprise if he isn't in the NHL next season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Serious question but is Colin Wilson's career potentially finished?

This guy has been out the entire year, supposedly has a lower body injury and wasn't the fleetest of foot to begin with.

I don't think it'd be a surprise if he isn't in the NHL next season.

I really wonder if the Avs knew that he had to have this surgery when they signed him to a one year contract. That'd have been a huge favor to sign him just to put him on insurance money for the season.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Wilson will find a job somewhere. His numbers aren't bad at all and he's 30. Maybe back to Nashville.

Reactions: McMetal

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wilson will find a job somewhere. His numbers aren't bad at all and he's 30. Maybe back to Nashville.
That's just it, though. Major surgery, turns 31 next season and has missed 109 games over the last 4 seasons while statistically performing at his worst.

I love the guy, but I think he's a prime candidate to not receive any contract offer as a UFA and have to earn his spot via PTO.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad