Pre-Game Talk: Week of 3 hockey matches and the beginning of WWIII... (maybe)

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Honest mate, I think it comes down to confidence. This version of Avs, or at least the current squad seems like they have no trouble or problems when it comes to generating offence. When they get behind, the team sort of unleashes this dragon energy knowing that they have the offence to come back from and if they don't, it will be because of them not showing up for the game (Boston) or insane goaltending (Dallas). Landeskog has been a big part of that, he has scored some supremely big goals in games the past three weeks that sort of change the momentum for the Avs favour.
It certainly helps that of right now there isn't any pressure on them.

There are no MUST-WIN games atm. Even if they lose a few they are
still running away with the Division/Conference.

That will of course change 2 month from now. We'll see how they do when it really matters!

Last edited:

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Honest mate, I think it comes down to confidence. This version of Avs, or at least the current squad seems like they have no trouble or problems when it comes to generating offence. When they get behind, the team sort of unleashes this dragon energy knowing that they have the offence to come back from and if they don't, it will be because of them not showing up for the game (Boston) or insane goaltending (Dallas). Landeskog has been a big part of that, he has scored some supremely big goals in games the past three weeks that sort of change the momentum for the Avs favour.

I agree. The other part of that is when the AVS are running on Dragon energy, I’m almost 100% confident that the other team isn’t going to score any more goals… I know, I just know that the Avs will score the next 2 or three goals when they’re down by 1.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yah it feels more like growth from the group more then anything tactical. Not taking anything away from Jared because if he got blamed for the poor record of coming back in games prior he should get some credit for their record now.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Screenshot_20220302-164413_Reddit.jpg

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So, Byram was dragging Girard down? I don’t think so. Byram was way better than Girard when he was in the lineup.

JJ I could see. Particularly with play driving. JJ does nothing to support that.

Girard is still top-35 in EV points by defenceman. Tied with Quinn Hughes. The offence is there. The defence has been up and down.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Another reason to go get another defenseman at the deadline

As happy as I am for Jack Johnson having a small career resurgence...having to rely on EJ/JJ/Murray/MacDermid at all will make me lose hair faster than if Mrazek was the goalie here. We're doing well without Byram however it is the regular season where it's a bit easier to cover up weaknesses. Really worried about an opposing coach in a 7-game series being able to exploit the complete lack of puck movement ability from those four right now.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So, Byram was dragging Girard down? I don’t think so. Byram was way better than Girard when he was in the lineup.

JJ I could see. Particularly with play driving. JJ does nothing to support that.

Girard is still top-35 in EV points by defenceman. Tied with Quinn Hughes. The offence is there. The defence has been up and down.
My biggest issue with Girard, is how useless he is on the sidewall during the powerplay. He can't shoot from there, so the defenders know he's going to pass. It doesn't work.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
My biggest issue with Girard, is how useless he is on the sidewall during the powerplay. He can't shoot from there, so the defenders know he's going to pass. It doesn't work.

Ok, but where will he pass?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'll take his 27 points in 52 games. What does WAR even mean?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Byram was carrying that pairing before he got hurt. I'll give Girard a pass when he has to play with Jack Johnson but that's pretty much it.

I like Girard and I think he'll be fine going forward (a consistently healthy Byram would really go a long way there).

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Altitude radio had a great interview just now with Bednar about faceoffs.

Bednar mentioned that "it was ONE of the things we sent into the league officials during the Vegas series". Talking about how Vegas was cheating on draws.

He also said the veteran centremen in the league get to cheat but he is not sure why they always kick Kadri out. Bednar thinks we need to get better at cheating on faceoffs :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Altitude radio had a great interview just now with Bednar about faceoffs.

Bednar mentioned that "it was ONE of the things we sent into the league officials during the Vegas series". Talking about how Vegas was cheating on draws.
Yeah, they send it in yet Kadri gets tossed out of half his faceoffs I swear.

Can't nobody tell me refs and linesman don't have their own personal agendas throughout games. Nobody in the league gets tossed more than Kadri.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Yeah, they send it in yet Kadri gets tossed out of half his faceoffs I swear.

Can't nobody tell me refs and linesman don't have their own personal agendas throughout games. Nobody in the league gets tossed more than Kadri.

This is what I'm worried about with any eventual matchup with Vegas (or any other team for that matter). Regardless of play, it seems obvious to me there is a negative bias from the refs to the Avs and the opposite for Vegas.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This is what I'm worried about with any eventual matchup with Vegas (or any other team for that matter). Regardless of play, it seems obvious to me there is a negative bias from the refs to the Avs and the opposite for Vegas.

But Refalanche!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad