Pre-Game Talk: Week in Sverige (OTT, @OTT)

How many points will Duchene score against the Avs this weekend?

• 5+

Votes: 14 23.0%

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Only a hat trick

Votes: 9 14.8%

Votes: 8 13.1%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Zero but Girard will score

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Coronation Street is oddly addictive.
Ya the wifey watches it , I get in on a few hehe
AQi0Xxv.gif

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Wonder how many injuries to forwards Avs would have to have before they recall Colborne.

Greer, Bourque, Grimaldi and Kamenev we know. Agozzino? Toninato? He's probably ahead of Nantel and Beaudin.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Coloborne will never wearing an Avs jersey again. If they were going to give him another chance it would have happened already. We have had so many guys injured recently.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yeah, but you guys are weird.

I'm perfectly in balance. Namaste.

There are more registered soccer players in Finland than hockey players. That's because soccer is almost free to play. People follow various hockey leagues a lot compared to various soccer (god I hate using word soccer) leagues. That's because Finns suck @ soccer.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Finns usually excel in more dangerous sports ;-) Racing (F1 etc), ski jumping etc

I will not even try to analyze why... ;-)

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
With Novembers this dark comes a death wish. :sarcasm:

November Rain

I will always respect Finland and Finnish people, especially after WWII, fighting spirit is not enough to describe, it's actually totally impossible to describe in words, great people with heart, grit (sisu) and passion.

In Sweden we talk about our Viking heritage for more than 1000 of years ago, in Finland looking back 75 years is enough.

I also miss Esa Tikkanen on the ice, he was such a fun dude to watch. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: motojime

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm not as worried about Landeskog as other people, and like him a lot more than most, or at least certain posters.

For me he's one of the last guys I want off this team, even if his offense were to dip off he brings enough to the table. People before were saying oh Dustin Brown in the making, look at the guy now!
I've always been critical of Landy but I think players like him become better with age. Up until a certain point, of course. This season he also sounds like a captain for the first time which reinforces my optimism regarding his future value to the team.
I still think it's important to have an eye on Barrie and trade him before his value goes down (he seems to change his game and become less dependent of his speed, so maybe the day to trade Barrie is still years away), but I can't imagine Landy being traded in this decade.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wonder how many injuries to forwards Avs would have to have before they recall Colborne.

Greer, Bourque, Grimaldi and Kamenev we know. Agozzino? Toninato? He's probably ahead of Nantel and Beaudin.

Some questions should never be asked...

Also, pretty sure based on what I'm reading that Colborne is somehow putting in even LESS effort in San Antonio than he did last season in Colorado. I'm almost 100% positive he's behind Ag and Toninato, and probably Nantel as well. Maybe not Beaudin though. But if it gets to that point who cares.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Having Nemeth come back will be great. I wonder if we will see him paired with EJ. It would be great to free up EJ a bit, and have another steady guy on the top pairing.

Then Girard-Barrie come out and do their thing in the best situations for them.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Some questions should never be asked...

Also, pretty sure based on what I'm reading that Colborne is somehow putting in even LESS effort in San Antonio than he did last season in Colorado. I'm almost 100% positive he's behind Ag and Toninato, and probably Nantel as well. Maybe not Beaudin though. But if it gets to that point who cares.
Colborne is in full IDGAF mode right now. He'll play out the season, try like hell not to get hurt, and probably land a PTO next season during training camp to get another NHL contract.

I don't like how the Avs have treated him but I also don't like how little Colborne tries.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Never, ideally. They'll give Aggz, Toninato, Petryk, Vogelhuber, the other Girard (to confuse McNabb) and probably even Nantel will be given a call-up before he does, and rightly so.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Having Nemeth come back will be great. I wonder if we will see him paired with EJ. It would be great to free up EJ a bit, and have another steady guy on the top pairing.

Then Girard-Barrie come out and do their thing in the best situations for them.

I almost want that pairing to work. If nothing more than to see a guy the same size as Barrie be good enough to rely on him to cover for Barrie lol. I would find it hilarious watching a 19 year old finally stabilize his pairing.

In reality though. I think Girard is exactly the type of player EJ needs. I've always thought a guy like OEL or Fowler that was a really strong puck mover but had a solid enough two way game would work really well next to EJ. For all of EJ's strengths, and as much as he tries. The guy just isn't great at creating offense. However EJ could really use someone who was also intelligent enough to give him the outlet he needs when being pressured so he does not feel like he has to do it all himself. One of the worst things EJ does is hold onto the puck too long while being pressured.

EJ is also much more likely to be effective long term if he has a partner who can do most of the puck retrieval, as EJ becomes more of a mobile DFD. Hes just never turned the corner and been able to consistently get anywhere near 40 points a year. Girard really could end up the ideal partner for EJ.

I have to admit, making future D pairings is a lot more fun now with the guys we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad