Pre-Game Talk: Week in Sverige (OTT, @OTT)

How many points will Duchene score against the Avs this weekend?

• 5+

Votes: 14 23.0%

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Only a hat trick

Votes: 9 14.8%

Votes: 8 13.1%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Zero but Girard will score

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but Avs lost Conor McGahey to the Las Vegas team. He's pretty much their Kyle Keefe for AT&T Sports.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They will eventually play a game again and in case nobody heard it will be in Sweden. A long week to go then but at least trade fallout is the given entertainment.
Speaking of which, you didn't give your opinion on the trade did you?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think this whole thing is really, really cool. The amazing fans of Sweden deserve it. Not to mention what this does for team bonding.
I expect teams to split to series. Duchene will score a few points but no goals.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Would be interesting to see if anyone takes a run at Duchene the same way Carl freaking Soderberg of all people took a run at Beauchemin in the Anaheim game lol

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would be interesting to see if anyone takes a run at Duchene the same way Carl freaking Soderberg of all people took a run at Beauchemin in the Anaheim game lol
EJ will ride him hard in the corner. Not because of any animosity or anything. It's just EJ's style to prove that he's an opponent now and this is what you have to deal with when you play the Avs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think this whole thing is really, really cool. The amazing fans of Sweden deserve it. Not to mention what this does for team bonding.
I expect teams to split to series. Duchene will score a few points but no goals.

I think this was a part of the big push for both Ottawa and Colorado to get it done before the trip.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What is Freud making the boys for dinner?

On Thursdays we eat pea soup and pancakes in Sweden. Yes, pea soup does cause a bit of flatulence but it's worth it.

710-artsoppa_med_rimmat_flask_500x380.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really curious how physically EJ will play against Duchene. They'll probably be matched up against each other, and I have a feeling EJ won't be holding back much.

Will be interesting to see the corner battles if Dutchy is out there trying his spin moves.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Really curious how physically EJ will play against Duchene. They'll probably be matched up against each other, and I have a feeling EJ won't be holding back much.

Will be interesting to see the corner battles if Dutchy is out there trying his spin moves.
They've probably matched up in practice hundreds of times over the years. This time it's serious. I doubt anybody will take cheap shots, but nobody will hold back either.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They've probably matched up in practice hundreds of times over the years. This time it's serious. I doubt anybody will take cheap shots, but nobody will hold back either.

Yeah I don't think there will be cheap shots or big runs, but neither will hold back, and both might be looking to send a message to their new/current team.

I can see Duchene trying to play some energetic hockey down low, and EJ throwing some hard shoulders into him to take him out of the play. That's how they both play when they're motivated anyway. Making for an interesting story line since they were just teammates, and EJ made those comments after the trade.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't normally do this but here's an excuse, bork bork bork

Just don't let Duchene score a bunch of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad