Pre-Game Talk: Week a Mile High (BOS, ANH, @DAL)

Will there be a new goal song?

• Yes

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • We won't know

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why are so many ppl here try to convince the rest of us that Bosten is such a BAAAAD team? Last time i checked they made the Playoffs last season, still have 2 top notch defensive youngsters, still have with Marchand one of the Top 10 goalscorers of the league aaaaaand so on. If you add "Patrice" to that group this is still a DAMN good hockey club which got dominated by the Avalanche twice in a row. So please cut the BS - the way we played the last 2 games we would have beaten pretty much ANY team in the NHL. Let's just hope they continue to play the way they did for a little longer.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Why are so many ppl here try to convince the rest of us that Bosten is such a BAAAAD team? Last time i checked they made the Playoffs last season, still have 2 top notch defensive youngsters, still have with Marchand one of the Top 10 goalscorers of the league aaaaaand so on. If you add "Patrice" to that group this is still a DAMN good hockey club which got dominated by the Avalanche twice in a row. So please cut the BS - the way we played the last 2 games we would have beaten pretty much ANY team in the NHL. Let's just hope they continue to play the way they did for a little longer.
Because they are bad with their centers missing. Their ability down the middle is the strength of that team now that the D has regressed the past few years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Boston looks like a team that could end in the bottom 5 to me, but their injuries are likely a large part of that. The Avs played well and have looked good the past 2 games. That is pretty promising, but let's just not over do it. This team is young and will naturally be inconsistent. There will be times they look great and times they look horrid. And remember... last season started 3-1 too.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think Anaheim are as great as others make them out to be but I realize they're likely still pretty strong. In saying that they're in big time injury trouble right now and if the Avs going to steal a win or two from them this year, tomorrow night is as good an opportunity as they'll get.

Hope they come out flying and don't take how bad Boston are for granted.
It's not about how bad Boston are on paper. It's about how bad Boston looked in those two games against the Avalanche. The Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand line was the best in hockey last year and they wouldn't have been a playoff team without it. Without Bergeron right now that line doesn't exist and the fire power is definitely lacking.

I'm not saying Boston is going to be awful all year, but the team that played against the Avs over the last two games is about as bad as anyone the Avs will play this year.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It's not about how bad Boston are on paper. It's about how bad Boston looked in those two games against the Avalanche. The Bergeron/Pasta/Marchand line was the best in hockey last year and they wouldn't have been a playoff team without it. Without Bergeron right now that line doesn't exist and the fire power is definitely lacking.

I'm not saying Boston is going to be awful all year, but the team that played against the Avs over the last two games is about as bad as anyone the Avs will play this year.

Maybe. But the same Patriceless team was able to beat last years Finalist a few days earlier. So maybe, just maybe, it's not only that the Bruins didn't brought their A-game but the AVs did?

And what is your explaination if they beat the Ducks tomorrow? That they missing 2 defencemen ???
And what if they win @ Dallas too - that's probably because they have their number anyway and it doesn't mean a thing because of that.

For me the main reason that they beat the Bruins twice is that they played two damn good games. Period.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe. But the same Patriceless team was able to beat last years Finalist a few days earlier. So maybe, just maybe, it's not only that the Bruins didn't brought their A-game but the AVs did?

And what is your explaination if they beat the Ducks tomorrow? That they missing 2 defencemen ???
And what if they win @ Dallas too - that's probably because they have their number and it doesn't mean a thing.

For me the main reason that they beat the Bruins twice is that they played two damn good games. Period.

I didn't say the reason they beat the Bruins is because the Bruins are bad. I was simply making it known that the Bruins were bad and what they've run into the last two games shouldn't be expected as the norm. Hence my quote about not taking it for granted.

You're taking what I actually said and running to hell with it. Don't do that, it's irritating.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
If we ever needed to sum up EJ in one play, I think this might be as good as it gets.
giphy.gif

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I didn't say the reason they beat the Bruins is because the Bruins are bad. I was simply making it known that the Bruins were bad and what they've run into the last two games shouldn't be expected as the norm. Hence my quote about not taking it for granted.

You're taking what I actually said and running to hell with it. Don't do that, it's irritating.

You said, and i quote: "but the team that played against the Avs over the last two games is about as bad as anyone the Avs will play this year". This pretty much screams WORST TEAM EVAAA and beating the WORST TEAM EVAAA doesn't mean a thing. And I'm simply not down with that.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Picture perfect defense right there!!
He somehow turned friction off.

I figured out how to make GIFs really easily, so if anyone ever has any requests to see something from an Avs game in a gif, I'll do my best to get to it as soon as possible.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
You said, and i quote: "but the team that played against the Avs over the last two games is about as bad as anyone the Avs will play this year". This pretty much screams WORST TEAM EVAAA and beating the WORST TEAM EVAAA doesn't mean a thing. And I'm simply not down with that.

No where in that quote does he say anything about them being bad being the reason we beat them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Ok cool the Bruins are great.

Obviously. That's not far-fetched.
True. Screw it I'm using it already. "KY Jelly and Dutchy". It's what great novels are made of.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we ever needed to sum up EJ in one play, I think this might be as good as it gets.
giphy.gif

EJ using that reach

(Holy shit that needs to be coached out of him)

Also, how the hell has EJ not even gotten a secondary assists yet? It seems impossible that someone is on the ice that much and does not have a point.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

They're not bad by any means, but they are a team currently missing their best defensive player and best player period, and they don't currently have the depth to mitigate that kind of loss.

Also, I'm not convinced Bruce Cassidy is a good coach. His last run in Washington was a disaster, though he was given a very old and poorly-built team back then. He could prove his worth much like Mike Sullivan did in Pittsburgh, but right now I don't like what he's doing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's weird.. It's like one lineup is an AHL team, include guys who got put through waivers for the purposes of a buyout, and the other is an NHL team.

Edit : I think only one of those players is in the NHL currently right?
Wiercioch and Beauchemin both have NHL contracts, but yeah, the rest of that list is out of the league...

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
giphy.gif
What’s shocking is how effective he is on his belly. Like more often than not, his salmon flops result in breaking up a scoring chance. It doesn’t really show in this gif, but he actually pokes the puck away at the end

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Then tomorrow when we win against Anaheim even more people will start to complain that we again beat a weaker team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's weird.. It's like one lineup is an AHL team, include guys who got put through waivers for the purposes of a buyout, and the other is an NHL team.

Edit : I think only one of those players is in the NHL currently right?
Beauchemin is back with Anaheim because they love him for some reason, and Wiercioch is in Vancouver because they'd like to suck this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad