NFL GDT: Week 9

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at that final drive by Tennessee.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I have no clue. Horrible coaching. They used him less than 10 times in the entire 2nd half
KC defense adjusted. They figured Willis couldn't make throws and recievers are too pedestrian to get open. They were right.

so they stacked the line on obvious run downs and made Titans throw on the 2nd and 3rd downs.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Didn't watch the game, why tf did the Titans not give Henry the ball more overall when 1) he was successful in his carries; 2) the game was close so the Titans shouldn't have felt the need to play catch-up via the pass; 3) controlling the clock takes the ball out of Mahomes' hands and keeps your defense fresher; and 4) you don't have your starting QB in there, you have a guy that is clearly not ready for the NFL in any way so running the ball is easily your most effective method of moving the ball in the first place.

Was he injured at all, or are the Titans just coached by a potato?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mahomes threw 68 times. And it should’ve been more with runs and sacks.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Didn't watch the game, why tf did the Titans not give Henry the ball more overall when 1) he was successful in his carries; 2) the game was close so the Titans shouldn't have felt the need to play catch-up via the pass; 3) controlling the clock takes the ball out of Mahomes' hands and keeps your defense fresher; and 4) you don't have your starting QB in there, you have a guy that is clearly not ready for the NFL in any way so running the ball is easily your most effective method of moving the ball in the first place.

Was he injured at all, or are the Titans just coached by a potato?
The Titans still gave Henry the ball, but there is only so much they can do when there is 0 threat of an effective passing attack. Henry's stats were propped up by two 24 and 56 yard rushes in the first half when the Chiefs somehow weren't ready to tackle/for the idea the Titans were going to run the ball. In the second half the Chiefs sold out to stop the run and basically dared any Titans WR/ Willis to make a play and they couldn't. Titans coaching - particularly on defense - is probably the only reason the Titans didn't lose that game by 20 last night.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The Titans still gave Henry the ball, but there is only so much they can do when there is 0 threat of an effective passing attack. Henry's stats were propped up by two 24 and 56 yard rushes in the first half when the Chiefs somehow weren't ready to tackle/for the idea the Titans were going to run the ball. In the second half the Chiefs sold out to stop the run and basically dared any Titans WR/ Willis to make a play and they couldn't. Titans coaching - particularly on defense - is probably the only reason the Titans didn't lose that game by 20 last night.
Thanks, like I said I didn't watch the game.

Just looking at the stats, holy moly the Titans had just 48 plays to KC's 91. KC had nearly double the plays from scrimmage. Wow.

Reactions: The Note

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Just looking at the stats, holy moly the Titans had just 48 plays to KC's 91. KC had nearly double the plays from scrimmage. Wow.
Very raw rookie QB. Without the run game working he was in trouble. Too many 3 and outs. That also wears down the D. If you are not putting up points you need to at least move the ball and chew up clock. Didn’t do that in the second half.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Next week the Packers get the Cowboys coming off a bye and the talented 49ers are at home on Sunday Night Football and need to beat the Chargers to avoid going 4-5. Their divisional rival Seahawks are 6-3 and have won 4 in a row. Geno > Russell ;)

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

It was really a valiant effort by the Tennessee defense that I, admittedly, undersold heading into the game as a Chiefs fan. I (foolishly) was expecting a blowout since I figured the Titans offense would be horrible (it was) but didn't foresee the Chiefs offense being stymied the way they were. I think this tweet just about sums up the Titans night on offense.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Carr sucks

Clean pocket. Had the time. Not under pressure to dump it off. Unless the OL was getting beaten badly by the Jags DL up to that point no reason for the quick dump off. That’s the point of play action, to hold the LB for a deeper shot.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Next week the Packers get the Cowboys coming off a bye and the talented 49ers are at home on Sunday Night Football and need to beat the Chargers to avoid going 4-5. Their divisional rival Seahawks are 6-3 and have won 4 in a row. Geno > Russell ;)
The NFC West likely comes down to that TNF game in December in Seattle. If SF can sweep Seattle they take the edge and likely win the division due to the h2h sweep. If Seattle holds serve they should win the division. Say SF wins their game in hand. That puts them a game back. If Sea holds serve in that game then Seattle goes up another game on them.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Clean pocket. Had the time. Not under pressure to dump it off. Unless the OL was getting beaten badly by the Jags DL up to that point no reason for the quick dump off. That’s the point of play action, to hold the LB for a deeper shot.

Raiders fans have had it with Carr this season, the Reddit page is all Carr venting on how he’s checkdown Charlie in the clutch.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders currently hold pick 4. If that holds and they can grab a Levis or Stroud or trade back for extra picks that is what I would do. This is a deep QBs class although I’m not sure how good it actually is since Young is shorter than Tua and Tua has some troubles using the middle of the field. Levi’s still turns the ball over too much. Stroud is about what he was last season. Hooker a big step up. Aside from these 4 I don’t expect any of the others to be a starter in the NFL next season.

2024 draft is interesting with Caleb Williams, Maye, McCarthy, Ewers, Dart, if Richardson returns to Florida for another season. But a little early to judge based on just 1 year starting.

But the time to move off Carr is coming.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

In Raiders fans social media circles, the ones who defend Carr to no end are called CARRdashian supporters who protect him. Even so far yo say his brother on NFL network has shut the f*** ip about him being a top tier QB.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I still don't know how the Jets pulled out yesterday, still in shock. Proof this team can beat anyone with Zach Wilson playing within his game + also being safe. While last week was proof they can lose to anyone with a bad Zach Wilson. The defense seems like the best unit since the Rex days too.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I still don't know how the Jets pulled out yesterday, still in shock. Proof this team can beat anyone with Zach Wilson playing within his game + also being safe. While last week was proof they can lose to anyone with a bad Zach Wilson. The defense seems like the best unit since the Rex days too.
Still can’t believe Houston went with Stingley over Gardener at CB.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Still can’t believe Houston went with Stingley over Gardener at CB.

Not gonna lie, I was super pissed when the Jets took Sauce at 4 as I wanted Thibodeaux but as soon as they took Jeremaine Johnson later in the round I was pretty happy on that haul. I think Stingley is gonna be great too, that Texans defense just bleeds yards on the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad