NCAA GDT: Week 9

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Georgia beats Alabama they are out and the loser of tOSU/Michigan State is out too. Cincinnati would get in that way. Only way they arent is if Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If Georgia beats Alabama they are out and the loser of tOSU/Michigan State is out too. Cincinnati would get in that way. Only way they arent is if Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia.
Michigan St. isn't out with a loss to OSU, and both Oregon and Oklahoma have better paths down the stretch. Cincinnati should be there if they win out, but it's been made clear by these.rankings that the committee will continue moving the goalposts to keep a non power 5 team out barring real chaos.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s why I was saying that it was bad that SMU lost, Cincinnati needed that game to be 2 undefeateds and get it on ABC with game day and Chris Fowler. Still may happen but won’t look as good when its 6 vs. 25 instead of 2 vs. 12

Reactions: DaveG

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So apparently according to the playoff committee, it's OK for Alabama to lose to an unranked team.

Why play the games? They basically get more free passes because of who they are.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Alabama at #2 is a JOKE

It's basically because of who they are.

Alabama could be a 4-loss team and make the playoffs.

The playoff commitee has sent a message- alabama can get away with losing to an unranked team because they're Alabama

When Nick 'I can only win with a stacked deck' Saban retires, CFB will be better off.

The playoff is basically 'alabama and 3 others.'

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Alabama at #2 is a JOKE

It's basically because of who they are.

Alabama could be a 4-loss team and make the playoffs.

The playoff commitee has sent a message- alabama can get away with losing to an unranked team because they're Alabama

When Nick 'I can only win with a stacked deck' Saban retires, CFB will be better off.

The playoff is basically 'alabama and 3 others.'

It really might be. Maybe Oklahoma takes the next Dynasty spot but really is anyone on or have the potential to become like Saban? Might be more parity. I don’t mind dynasties but when they get breaks like this it’s just deflating.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Oh boy

1 Georgia
2 Alabama
3 Michigan State
4 Oregon
5 Ohio State
6 Cincinnati
7 Michigan
8 Oklahoma
9 Wake Forest
10 Notre Dame
Thank you for the post but proof that the CFBP committee is corrupt and in search of the $$$$'s.

Alabama's best win. UMiss
Geogia's best wins Auburn, Kentucky
Cincinnati Notre Dame
Oregon OSU
Michigan State Michigan

Worst losses:
Alabama Texas A&M
Oregon Stanford

The 2 teams with a loss are above undefeated Cincinnati Who based on ranking has an OK win.. (These are based on current rankings ) Their win is better then Bama's best worse then Oregon's

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I don't care how weak Cinci's overall schedule is......thats not their fault. They went out and scheduled road games against power 5 teams & won both.......convincingly at that. The bottom line is they beat a top 10 team on the road. That should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they belong in the same conversation with ANY of the contenders for a spot in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tryamw

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Michigan St. isn't out with a loss to OSU, and both Oregon and Oklahoma have better paths down the stretch. Cincinnati should be there if they win out, but it's been made clear by these.rankings that the committee will continue moving the goalposts to keep a non power 5 team out barring real chaos.
I think everyone is overreacting, if Alabama has 2 losses they are out. The only way I could see them getting in with 2 is if they lose to either LSU/Auburn and then beat an undefeated Georgia. Though if they lose to Auburn they might not even make it to Atlanta.

I dont see how Michigan State is in if they lose to tOSU unless there is a 3 way tie for the East division (Michigan beats tOSU...) and they somehow have the tiebreaker and they play in the conference title game. Im not sure how that works though as they all would be 1-1 against each other. Lets just wait to see how things settle out.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I think everyone is overreacting, if Alabama has 2 losses they are out. The only way I could see them getting in with 2 is if they lose to either LSU/Auburn and then beat an undefeated Georgia. Though if they lose to Auburn they might not even make it to Atlanta.

I dont see how Michigan State is in if they lose to tOSU unless there is a 3 way tie for the East division (Michigan beats tOSU...) and they somehow have the tiebreaker and they play in the conference title game. Im not sure how that works though as they all would be 1-1 against each other. Lets just wait to see how things settle out.
Sure, lots of chaos can(and likely still will given this season) happen, but was just saying that MSU is still very much alive even with a loss to OSU. I don't see Bama getting in with 2 losses over an undefeated Cincinnati, so the Bearcats want Georgia to run the table for sure. Depending on how much the Big 10 cannibalizes itself, they may end up with an undefeated or 1 loss champion, who would also get a spot. Then it really comes down to 2 spots for 4 teams potentially: Cincy, Oregon, Big 12 champ, and maybe Wake Forest.

Oklahoma has looked bad in some games, and they have played a weaker schedule. They have a good path because they get 2 ranked teams in Oklahoma St. and Baylor, plus a decent Iowa St. If they run the table, they should be in. If it's a one loss Oklahoma, Ok St. or Baylor, it's more interesting, but still think they would have a decent argument.

Oregon has the.best non-conference win among these teams, but the Pac-12 is way down(as evidenced by no other ranked teams this week). Oregon's loss wasn't great and they haven't looked amazing against some average teams, so that doesn't help either. Still, if they win out, they seem to, for now, be viewed favorably by the committee because of the road win at OSU.

Wake Forest is interesting because despite being the lowest ranked, they still face the best teams on the schedule down the stretch in a down year for the ACC. If they beat NC, a ranked N.C. St., possibly by then a ranked Clemson and then maybe a ranked foe in the ACC title game, who knows...

Cincinnati has only likely one ranked opponent left in SMU, and maybe a ranked opponent in the AAC title game. They have the 2nd best non- conference win as well. If they run the table and look impressive doing so(the eye test will be even more important for them unfairly), then with a couple other breaks they should still be in.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
All about the Benjamins, baby. At least it's abundantly clear, I guess?

As long as ESPN is running the CFP this nonsense will continue. I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather have the BCS and its handful of computers running the show than this slop.

I was ready to disagree and then I realized...maybe that's not as bad an idea as I originally thought.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s less of a bad idea when it’s more than 2 teams in the equation.

If I was Cincinnati and I had these aspirations next year, I’d cancel or buyout my non-conference opponents and schedule better ones. Right now they have Miami, OH (in the big stadium), Indiana home, @ Arkansas (that should be ok) and Kennesaw State

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the final 4 teams will be Georgia. Bama. Ohio State. And Oklahoma.

Yet again.

College football is the most boring, predictable sport around right now.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the final 4 teams will be Georgia. Bama. Ohio State. And Oklahoma.

Yet again.

College football is the most boring, predictable sport around right now.

I don't know about Oklahoma. Based on the current CFP standings, it sure looks like they're going to have to run the table and they've been living on the edge all year. A single slip up and they're probably FUBAR'ed.

Reactions: Tryamw

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Cincinnati needs to start schmoozing the committee. Maybe J. Fever and V. Flytrap can take them out to dinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00