NCAA GDT: Week 8:

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Notre Dame is really good. Watched a bit of the game tonight.

They averaged 10 yards a run. Total bloodletting of a good USC team. They're continuing to crush people except a one point loss to Georgia. Huge improvement from a team that won four games last year, and with a freshman QB no less.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why would I knock it? Don't be salty because he's a completely average QB. He did it with his legs. It'll be praised but Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield do that and its a negative.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They averaged 10 yards a run. Total bloodletting of a good USC team. They're continuing to crush people except a one point loss to Georgia. Huge improvement from a team that won four games last year, and with a freshman QB no less.

Wimbush is a throwback ND QB. Tremendous runner and ball handler.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why would I knock it? Don't be salty because he's a completely average QB. He did it with his legs. It'll be praised but Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield do that and its a negative.
I'm not salty. You want to see him fail, which is fine. I'll be right here when he doesn't. :)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Adams is the second or third best running back in the country. He’s real good.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Lot of talk on Harbaugh and a hot seat and big game struggles, but consider:

Dabo Swinney started 0-5 vs South Carolina. Mike Gundy similarly was 0-6 against Oklahoma. (And he was also 0-5 against Texas, with no wins against either against year SIX)

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Harbaugh isn't on the hot seat but the honeymoon is over. He looked completely disinterested on the sidelines tonight.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm not salty. You want to see him fail, which is fine. I'll be right here when he doesn't. :)

I never said I wanted to see him fail. I just don't see the hype. He was average with "talent" around him last year and he's been bad having to carry the load. You can't keep blaming his supporting cast of 2 star players without acknowledging he was a no star recruit who went to Juco. So maybe this is who he is and that's fine.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Penn State should be ranked #1.

Alabama has not beaten anybody worth a damn.

But of course, the media practically worships at the altar of Saban despite the SEC being Sun Belt bad at times this season.

Bama basically plays the same SEC schedule: avoids the decent East teams, never plays a true road OOC game, always in Arlington or Atlanta, fattens up on bad schedule.

Hell, I think Georgia is better.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

But of course, the media practically worships at the altar of Saban despite the SEC being Sun Belt bad at times this season.

Bama basically plays the same SEC schedule: avoids the decent East teams, never plays a true road OOC game, always in Arlington or Atlanta, fattens up on bad schedule.

“Decent east team”. Lol the east is usually always trash. Georgia might be better but you can’t say until they win another big game or if they beat bama

Not sure if Penn State should be #1. I say keep them two unless they beat Ohio State.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

You do realize that SEC teams have traditional divisional cross-over games, right? Georgia v. Auburn, LSU v. Florida, Bama v. Tennessee, etc.

Not a Bama fan, but why the hell would they go on the road OOC? Teams go on the road to start the season to help recruiting more than anything. Well, the last decade would suggest that they don't need any help in that regard. You'll get your chance to see PSU line up against Bama in the playoffs, so don't worry. Just need to be one of the top four.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Harbaugh isn't on the hot seat but the honeymoon is over. He looked completely disinterested on the sidelines tonight.
Yes he did, and his team was about unprepared as could be for a game of that level. The defense was all over the place, despite Penn State running a pretty vanilla offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Someone's going to have to beat Alabama to knock them off of their spot, that's just how it is.

Lot of talk on Harbaugh and a hot seat and big game struggles, but consider:

Dabo Swinney started 0-5 vs South Carolina. Mike Gundy similarly was 0-6 against Oklahoma. (And he was also 0-5 against Texas, with no wins against either against year SIX)

Rich Rod was going 0-for against their rivals and rebuilding the program didn't save him. Michigan is not Clemson or Oklahoma State, they have standards and expectations of being in the playoff. His mere presence was supposed to elevate the program to that level before he even landed a single recruit. Michigan Man! and stuff

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Someone's going to have to beat Alabama to knock them off of their spot, that's just how it is.

Rich Rod was going 0-for against their rivals and rebuilding the program didn't save him. Michigan is not Clemson or Oklahoma State, they have standards and expectations of being in the playoff. His mere presence was supposed to elevate the program to that level before he even landed a single recruit. Michigan Man! and stuff

Rich rod didnt rebuild the program :laugh:

Hokes last recruiting class killed any hope this team had this year. When harbaugh had talent with some experience he got them in NY6 Bowls. Which is what should/will happen next year and if he doesn’t he’s gone either by Michigan or him going to the NFL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rich rod didnt rebuild the program :laugh:

Hokes last recruiting class killed any hope this team had this year. When harbaugh had talent with some experience he got them in NY6 Bowls. Which is what should/will happen next year and if he doesn’t he’s gone either by Michigan or him going to the NFL.
Rich Rod was trying to rebuild it, but he was hired without ever having full support of the program and thus he never got to finish the job. He was dead as soon as he got hired.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Rich Rod was trying to rebuild it, but he was hired without ever having full support of the program and thus he never got to finish the job. He was dead as soon as he got hired.

He never would have done good, look at Arizona the past two years. He may have a good year somewhere but never consistently. He never really improved the team at Michigan. He should probably have had one more year but it didn’t really matter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He never would have done good, look at Arizona the past two years. He may have a good year somewhere but never consistently. He never really improved the team at Michigan. He should probably have had one more year but it didn’t really matter

Michigan has substantially more resources than Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad