End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Weekend Slate:

Thursday:
Miami Fl @ Virginia Tech (7pm, ESPN)
BYU @ #14 Boise St (10:15pm, ESPN)

Friday:
South Florida @ Temple (7pm, ESPN)
San Jose St @ San Diego St (10:30pm, ESPN2)
Oregon @ Cal (10:30pm, ESPN)

Saturday:
UMass @ South Carolina (12pm, SECN)
UCF @ UConn (12pm, ESPNEWS)
#10 Wisconsin @ Iowa (12pm, ESPN)
NC State @ #7 Louisville (12pm, ABC)
Oklahoma St @ Kansas (12pm, FS1)
Texas @ Kansas St (12pm, ESPN2)
Rutgers @ Minnesota (12pm, ESPNU)
Memphis @ #24 Navy (CBSSN)
Illinois @ #3 Michigan (BTN)
Purdue @ #8 Nebraska (3:30pm, ABC/ESPN2)
TCU @ #12 WVU (3:30pm, ABC/ESPN2)
#6 Texas A&M @ #1 Alabama (3:30pm, CBS)
#19 Utah @ UCLA (4pm, FOX)
Middle Tennessee @ Mizzou (4pm, SECN)
#17 Arkansas @ #21 Auburn (6pm, ESPN)
Oregon St @ #5 Washington (6:30pm, PACN)
#11 Houston @ SMU (7pm, ESPN2)
Michigan St @ Maryland (7:30pm, BTN)
Mississippi St @ Kentucky (7:30pm, SECN)
#2 Ohio State @ Penn St (8pm, ABC)
#16 Oklahoma @ Texas Tech (8pm, FOX)
#23 Ole Miss @ #25 LSU (9pm, ESPN)
Wyoming @ Nevada (10:30pm, ESPN2)

Last edited by a moderator:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I'm looking forward to Colorado @ Stanford as well. I believe this is the first time the two have played in Palo Alto since the Buffs joined the Pac-12. With Stanford having a down year and Colorado on the uptick this should be a great game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Houston is rooting hard for the Tigers. They need two Navy losses to even be considered for the Group of Five berth.

Two losses would mean navy isn't that good

Houston needs to dominate teams like oklahoma

And I know they need to win a conference. Just saying they can't scrape by teams like tulsa even if they aren't that bad like before. It's still tulsa and they need to dominate

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Clemson has had a tougher schedule. Auburn, Louisville and N.C. State are good teams. Washington is impressive though.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Houston is rooting hard for the Tigers. They need two Navy losses to even be considered for the Group of Five berth.

if navy wins this week then houston is done

looking at navy remaining schedule

the only difficult game left would be following week at south florida (if navy loses then that would be first loss)

. a win or loss against notre dame means nothing, a win or loss vs army means nothing. that leaves just

tulsa
east carolina
smu

while houston has to go on road at memphis. but anything possible

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Clemson has had a tougher schedule. Auburn, Louisville and N.C. State are good teams. Washington is impressive though.

Yea NC State isn't a good team. Only wins are William & Mary, Wake Forest, Old Dominion, and Notre Dame. With a loss against East Carolina. I've only seen them in the ND and Clemson games, but based on the scores of their other games where they couldn't even blowout teams like Old Dominion, that's not a good sign.

That said though I do agree that Clemson has played the tougher schedule thus far. It's a down year in the PAC-12 and UW's non-conference schedule won't do them any favors.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You are what your record says you are. The "yeah buts" on this board are shot. Washington got pushed to OT by Arizona.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
You are what your record says you are. The "yeah buts" on this board are shot. Washington got pushed to OT by Arizona.

If there is any sport where record matters the least, it's college football. Strength of schedule is a far better indicator. Sadly most pollsters still don't abide by that. In either case, NC State doesn't pass.

In the case of UW, there SOS has been less than stellar thus far but based on the way they've looked and the way their top players have performed(with Arizona as the exception), they seem primed for success. Likewise with Clemson, while their SOS is a bit better than UW's, they've looked very beatable in each game and their best players have struggled (With South Carolina State and BC as exceptions). It's an apples to oranges thing at this point, I'm just of the believe that UW has shown more even taking into account difference in SOS.

Last edited:

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

And Washington record is 6-0 with a point differential of +212. For as easy a schedule Washington has, they're certainly not playing down to opposition. Yes, they only beat Arizona by 7. I'll take that over barely escaping with a win vs Troy.

Regardless, Washington knows their SOS is weak and will have to keep dominating teams to make a point. OrSU and Cal should be blowouts. They'll need to do Utah, USC, ASU and WSU like they did Stanford and Oregon to put an exclamation point on it.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
And Washington record is 6-0 with a point differential of +212. For as easy a schedule Washington has, they're certainly not playing down to opposition. Yes, they only beat Arizona by 7. I'll take that over barely escaping with a win vs Troy.

Regardless, Washington knows their SOS is weak and will have to keep dominating teams to make a point. OrSU and Cal should be blowouts. They'll need to do Utah, USC, ASU and WSU like they did Stanford and Oregon to put an exclamation point on it.

I wouldn't overlook Cal. They've looked really bad at times (ie. losing to Oregon State) but also very good at times (ie. wins over Texas and Utah). They're also 3-0 at home so far this season compared to 0-3 on the road. The game being played in Berkeley certainly favors Cal. I'd expect UW to win by 20, but that's a game Cal could pull an upset. Especially considering UW will likely be coming off a bruising and physical game at Utah.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't overlook Cal. They've looked really bad at times (ie. losing to Oregon State) but also very good at times (ie. wins over Texas and Utah). They're also 3-0 at home so far this season compared to 0-3 on the road. The game being played in Berkeley certainly favors Cal. I'd expect UW to win by 20, but that's a game Cal could pull an upset. Especially considering UW will likely be coming off a bruising and physical game at Utah.

Good points.

But I still said "should". ;)

Sep 19, 2008
proxy.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad