NCAA GDT: Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
That's what scouts have to figure out. Is he pressing? How's the situation at N.D.? We know Brian Kelly is a miserable S.O.B. even when they win. Imagine a 3 game losing streak. I think he will stay for another year. A lot depends on Brian Kelly.

Brian Kelly seems like a guy consumed by ambition for whom the people around him are merely pawns for his own advancement. If they fulfill their purpose, good, if not, watch out.

This is by no means a super rare thing about football coaches or 'leadership' people in any field but Brian Kelly lets the mask slip too easily, once people see what's behind it, they can't unsee it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Playoff seems pretty clear at this point right, barring a big upset?

Alabama
Ohio State-Michigan winner
Clemson
Washington

Dark horses being A&M (if they beat Alabama), Nebraska, Baylor (must go undefeated and hope that one of the champs of the other conferences is not).

Not sure I'd call Clemson a lock at this point. I think FSU, Pitt, and UNC (ACCCG) are all well capable of tripping them up. In terms of likelihood I think I'd go:

SEC: Bama, A&M
Big 10: OSU, Michigan, Nebraska
Pac 12: Washington
Big 12: WVU, Baylor
ACC: Clemson
Group of 5: Boise State

Those are the only 10 with a shot right now

Bama will probably get in either way unless A&M beats them and runs the table. Just can't see the SEC not getting a shot.
Big 10 is whoever wins the OSU-UM game most likely. Not sure if Nebraska's good or just "Iowaing" it, we'll find out when they play Wisconsin.
Washington has a road test at Utah but otherwise looks like they're in a comfortable spot.
WVU and Baylor are the conferences only chance. WVU has all their big test games (TCU, OU, Baylor) at home, though Texas is on the road. Baylor has to travel to both OU and WVU.
Clemson has games @FSU, vs Pitt, and likely against UNC in the ACCCG left, all 3 with good potential to beat Clemson.
Boise has a fairly easy remaining schedule if they get past BYU, but has to hope that 6 of those other teams all lose somewhere down the line to get in.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Ole Miss still being ranked at 3-3 is pretty funny. Even when trailing last night the SEC cheerleaders on TV still said 'they are basically a top ten team given what their losses are' but when a team is .500 you may also want to look at who they have actually beaten..

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Brian Kelly seems like a guy consumed by ambition for whom the people around him are merely pawns for his own advancement. If they fulfill their purpose, good, if not, watch out.

This is by no means a super rare thing about football coaches or 'leadership' people in any field but Brian Kelly lets the mask slip too easily, once people see what's behind it, they can't unsee it.

I agree. I've never seen a coach at the college level throw people under the bus like he does.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Ole Miss shouldn't be ranked. Don't care about who they lost to, they have 3 losses and there are better teams unranked.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That's what scouts have to figure out. Is he pressing? How's the situation at N.D.? We know Brian Kelly is a miserable S.O.B. even when they win. Imagine a 3 game losing streak. I think he will stay for another year. A lot depends on Brian Kelly.

I don't see him staying unless Kelly is gone. He's being pulled out for Zaire even though he can run himself. He ran like 20 yards on one play or something

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not sure I'd call Clemson a lock at this point. I think FSU, Pitt, and UNC (ACCCG) are all well capable of tripping them up. In terms of likelihood I think I'd go:

SEC: Bama, A&M
Big 10: OSU, Michigan, Nebraska
Pac 12: Washington
Big 12: WVU, Baylor
ACC: Clemson
Group of 5: Boise State

Those are the only 10 with a shot right now

Bama will probably get in either way unless A&M beats them and runs the table. Just can't see the SEC not getting a shot.
Big 10 is whoever wins the OSU-UM game most likely. Not sure if Nebraska's good or just "Iowaing" it, we'll find out when they play Wisconsin.
Washington has a road test at Utah but otherwise looks like they're in a comfortable spot.
WVU and Baylor are the conferences only chance. WVU has all their big test games (TCU, OU, Baylor) at home, though Texas is on the road. Baylor has to travel to both OU and WVU.
Clemson has games @FSU, vs Pitt, and likely against UNC in the ACCCG left, all 3 with good potential to beat Clemson.
Boise has a fairly easy remaining schedule if they get past BYU, but has to hope that 6 of those other teams all lose somewhere down the line to get in.

Boise has no shot at the playoff.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I wish my front yard had bushes. i wanna recreate that meme of Homer. I'll put on an ECU jersey and back into them, then come out wearing a UW jersey :D

or Alabama haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad