NCAA GDT: Week 7

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
Good thing is he's started before and played in a hostile road environment last year. It won't be like it has been the last 5 or 6 years where the guy behind the starter was inexperienced. They have three games they should win(Vandy, USC, FAU) and three that will be tough(LSU, UGA, FSU). Good thing is that LSU is the only true road game of those three. As far as getting to the playoff which was a long shot to start the year anyway that's probably done, but they still have a shot to get to Atlanta and/or a decent bowl game. This news sucks but I doubt there's any Gator fan out there that expected to be 6-0 right now. Young guys make mistakes, hopefully Grier learns something from it.

Agreed. Like a lot of people have said, Florida is essentially playing with house money the rest of this season. No one expected them to be better than a 7 win team and they should at minimum finish the season 9-3 before a bowl game.

Treon is not as polished as Grier as a passer but he's shown he can play in the SEC and has experience already. I don't have any doubt that McElwain and Nussmeier can creat a great scheme for Harris and put him in the best situation to succeed.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
had the over in the Sun Belt game last night. Looked kinda dicey.

Then Arkansas State put up 29 in the 4th and I love the Sun Belt. Sun Belt forever. Tuesday night mid major football is a beautiful thing. Always wacky.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Grier thing is mindboggling. Thing is in the NFL that's only 4 games. Why in college is it a year? Also he says they came over the counter in a prescription. Could he be lying? Who knows. But this doesn't happen everyday in the NCAA either.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I can't believe Spàrty is a TD dog. They haven't looked that great outside of the Oregon game but Michigan hasn't beat anybody outside of Northwestern. I think its a pickem.

I actually think USC has a chance. Sarkisian was obviously a negative influence. They are talented still and ND isn't that great.

UCLA and Stanford is compelling TV. Another line I don't really agree with.

Iowa and Northwestern could be good. Iowa hasn't beat anyone good and a big bounce back game at home for Northwestern.

Alabama and A&M intrigues me. A&M hasn't really beat anybody in the SEC yet. For Bama its likely an elimination game. Still don't trust that QB of theirs.

Florida and LSU should still be close. Florida has a solid D and if they can contain Fournette they will make an inexperienced QB have to beat them. Treon Harris has played some in the past. He's mobile and fast. Maybe he can make a play or two with his feet.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The Grier thing is mindboggling. Thing is in the NFL that's only 4 games. Why in college is it a year? Also he says they came over the counter in a prescription. Could he be lying? Who knows. But this doesn't happen everyday in the NCAA either.

His dad is a bodybuilder. I don't buy his story at all.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

not prescription...it was an over the counter supplement...so something he just grabbed off the shelf...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
My mistake but I still think he fully knew what he was taking. Punishment was a bit extreme but either Grier is really dumb or tried to pull a fast one and got popped.

I agree...he knew he should talk with med staff...but also think 1 calendar year is too much when the item he took was to help him get over the flu and stay on the field...IMO way different than taking something that is a steroid or true performance enhancer...

but then again, its a slippery slope...how do you draw the line...still i think 4 games would be fair...and go from there...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I agree...he knew he should talk with med staff...but also think 1 calendar year is too much when the item he took was to help him get over the flu and stay on the field...IMO way different than taking something that is a steroid or true performance enhancer...

but then again, its a slippery slope...how do you draw the line...still i think 4 games would be fair...and go from there...

Honestly from a fan standpoint I watch football thinking a lot of these guys are on roids. Not because I think the worst of them but because I probably would. Fast violent sport with a lot of big guys.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-media-day-0806-20150805-story.html

"Grier arrived from North Carolina armed with national awards and records, but at 6-foot-2 was a rail-thin 172 pounds.

While the final year of Muschamp-Driskel marriage failed, Grier worked behind the scenes to prepare for his chance. Now 215 pounds with 7 percent body fat, Grier hopes his time has arrived."

No surprise the Florida website would try to minimize the weight gain. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad