NFL GDT: Week 7 - Part 2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why aren't you allowed to snitch? Are you just supposed to be okay with it?

There was no factual basis to their snitchery, that's why. It was all rooted in being embarrassed constantly by the superior franchise.

Also the NFLs briefing for the appeals court is LOL funny if anybody wants some good material to kill time at work. Apparently Brady is Shoeless Joe Jackson now.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There was no factual basis to their snitchery, that's why. It was all rooted in being embarrassed constantly by the superior franchise.

Also the NFLs briefing for the appeals court is LOL funny if anybody wants some good material to kill time at work. Apparently Brady is Shoeless Joe Jackson now.

It was the NFL who went after Brady, not the Colts. There is a difference. There was something there its just not clear WHO was behind it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was the NFL who went after Brady, not the Colts. There is a difference. There was something there its just not clear WHO was behind it.

Colts snitched about something not rooted in fact. They then lied. That is documented. This is the same organization that conducts bug sweeps every time they go to Foxboro. The Patriots are so in their head it's not even funny- it's kinda sad tbh. Their unfounded paranoia was taken seriously by the anti-Patriots crew in the league office and they tried to rig everything they possibly could to get Brady suspended. Fortunately we live in America and not 1940's Russia so justice prevailed.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You mean people are finally figuring out Joe Flacco just throws it up hoping for PI calls? Guy is a mid-range QB at best. That contract sucks so much for BAL.

No I always thought that. He's got a big arm but if you watch the Ravens offense throughout the years there's a lot of cases where he's struggled to get first downs and do something. Denver bailed out the Ravens playing that ball terribly. That Super Bowl he had one good half and if it wasn't for a missed call the Niners complete the greatest comeback ever.

He's done nothing since that contract though to justify it. I'm not even sure he should have been MVP of that game but there is favoritism to QBs and we make a big deal out of a best of one winning an MVP.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Colts snitched about something not rooted in fact. They then lied. That is documented. This is the same organization that conducts bug sweeps every time they go to Foxboro. The Patriots are so in their head it's not even funny- it's kinda sad tbh. Their unfounded paranoia was taken seriously by the anti-Patriots crew in the league office and they tried to rig everything they possibly could to get Brady suspended. Fortunately we live in America and not 1940's Russia so justice prevailed.
I'd take 1940's ussr over 1940's Germany any day.

Hell, 1940's usa isn't that great. Dropping those needless a bombs on Japan. The war was already won when we took Iwo Jima and Okinawa, but I digress.

Moral of my story is, **** goddell.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd take 1940's ussr over 1940's Germany any day.

Hell, 1940's usa isn't that great. Dropping those needless a bombs on Japan. The war was already won when we took Iwo Jima and Okinawa, but I digress.

Moral of my story is, **** goddell.

Not as much as you would think. Japan refused to surrender. Given how bat**** insane the army was in their whole "fight to the last man" idea, the US would have lost an insane amount of men if they fought into the Japanese mainland. Hell even the civilians were adopting this policy at points.

The US had little choice. At the same time, the drops of Fat Man and Little boy taught the world just how devastating those weapons were and will hopefully serve as a deterrent to another one ever getting dropped.

Yeah yeah off topic.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not as much as you would think. Japan refused to surrender. Given how bat**** insane the army was in their whole "fight to the last man" idea, the US would have lost an insane amount of men if they fought into the Japanese mainland. Hell even the civilians were adopting this policy at points.

The US had little choice. At the same time, the drops of Fat Man and Little boy taught the world just how devastating those weapons were and will hopefully serve as a deterrent to another one ever getting dropped.

Yeah yeah off topic.

Us and Britain had pretty much cut off Japan's food and resource supply while the ussr took on Germany. The bombs were dropped on 8-6-45 and 8-9-45, while ussr was set to declair war on Japan on 8-8 and they had no idea about the Manhattan project. Imo, the only reason they dropped the bombs besides like you said to send a message was so they could limit ussr's involvement with the war on Japan and so they could bring diplomacy to eastern europe.

American lives were saved, but Japan was openly negotiating for a surrender with their only demand being to keep the emperor, which was denied, but they ended up allowing him to stay after the bombs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad