Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama...loses

to a backup QB

crazy shit. wild world

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
They play nobody and most of their games are home. Maybe USC could win off of talent. Maybe Stanford pulls another one out off their butts but I honestly don't see them losing. But it's all good cause They'll most likely get smoked again in a big game like always under Kelly.

Every big team plays most of its games at home lol. As for not playing anyone, year in and year out they have to schedule multiple ACC teams, then they schedule the likes of Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Texas and so on. USC every year. They're also still I believe one of two schools (USC is the other) that has never scheduled a I-AA team. Not to mention every game they play is usually the #1 game on their opponents schedule. *They've played 18 ranked teams the last four years.

They've had double digit wins four years in a row and five of the last six years. If their "problem" is they can't beat Bama or Clemson, well there are worse problems to have lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama had won 100 consecutive games against unranked teams

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Every big team plays most of its games at home lol. As for not playing anyone, year in and year out they have to schedule multiple ACC teams, then they schedule the likes of Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Texas and so on. USC every year. They're also still I believe one of two schools (USC is the other) that has never scheduled a I-AA team. Not to mention every game they play is usually the #1 game on their opponents schedule. *They've played 18 ranked teams the last four years.

They've had double digit wins four years in a row and five of the last six years. If their "problem" is they can't beat Bama or Clemson, well there are worse problems to have lol.

Ah yes the ACC probably the worst big 5 conference in football (and nobody cares if you never schedule a high school team when instead of New Mexico) . 1-1 against Michigan. A win against a bad Wisco team 1-1 against a mediocre Texas and 2 losses to Georgia. USC hasnt been good in a long while.

I'll give them 2018 that was a good year for them (besides being humiliated by Clemson) but other than that they've only won a couple of games against a ranked opponent (and it was mid to low ranked teams) in his like 11-12 years of being there.

I'll end by saying (if I'm wrong please correct me) Kelly is like 2-8/9 against top 10 teams. And one of them was because Most of Clemsons team was out.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Bama should likely run through the rest of the West and make the SECCG, but they will now need to win it rather than having the game vs Georgia just matter for seeding. Although that's still 2 months away, right now Georgia is on another level over Bama, especially on defense.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Football logic can be so effing dumb sometimes. Tulsa is up 6 on Memphis with 3 minutes or so left and has the ball. Commentator says "Tulsa needs to run to get Memphis to take their timeouts". Eh not really. Memphis doesn't need timeouts to score with like 1.45 left in the game. What Tulsa actually needs to do is get some 1st downs and ideally get at least a FG.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Football logic can be so effing dumb sometimes. Tulsa is up 6 on Memphis with 3 minutes or so left and has the ball. Commentator says "Tulsa needs to run to get Memphis to take their timeouts". Eh not really. Memphis doesn't need timeouts to score with like 1.45 left in the game. What Tulsa actually needs to do is get some 1st downs and ideally get at least a FG.

Yeah some of the announcer calls this year have just been bad.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Ah yes the ACC probably the worst big 5 conference in football (and nobody cares if you never schedule a high school team when instead of New Mexico) . 1-1 against Michigan. A win against a bad Wisco team 1-1 against a mediocre Texas and 2 losses to Georgia. USC hasnt been good in a long while.

I'll give them 2018 that was a good year for them (besides being humiliated by Clemson) but other than that they've only won a couple of games against a ranked opponent (and it was mid to low ranked teams) in his like 11-12 years of being there.

I'll end by saying (if I'm wrong please correct me) Kelly is like 2-8/9 against top 10 teams. And one of them was because Most of Clemsons team was out.

It's stupid to argue about who they schedule, especially compared to so many other big programs, who load up on cupcakes every year. They have to play the ACC teams, and I know many ND fans/alums who aren't happy about it. It's funny too how when they do beat someone good, it's always because they were missing x players, or x team was having a down year or some BS. Nobody ever talks about the intangibles they face, or the people they lost to injury, and so on. Or the fact that every time they play it's the biggest game on their opponents schedule. Or like Kelly said in an interview earlier this season, that every year, most teams schedule a bye week before playing them. And so on.

I believe Kelly is 3-8 or something like that. I'll say this, I did my graduate work at Georgia, and yeah the Dawgs beat them but each game was a dogfight, no pun intended. It's amazing to see so many people get their pants in a bunch over them lol. But as I said, if Kelly's problem is he can't beat the likes of Bama or Clemson, well there are plenty worse problems to have with a program. Especially one with the academic toughness yet they still graduate their players in the high 90-percent range and win games. That's very respectable.

Don't worry though, they're ranked #14. Even if they run the table, which I doubt, they probably won't get a playoff spot even if there are multiple 1-loss teams.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It's stupid to argue about who they schedule, especially compared to so many other big programs, who load up on cupcakes every year. They have to play the ACC teams, and I know many ND fans/alums who aren't happy about it. It's funny too how when they do beat someone good, it's always because they were missing x players, or x team was having a down year or some BS. Nobody ever talks about the intangibles they face, or the people they lost to injury, and so on. Or the fact that every time they play it's the biggest game on their opponents schedule. Or like Kelly said in an interview earlier this season, that every year, most teams schedule a bye week before playing them. And so on.

I believe Kelly is 3-8 or something like that. I'll say this, I did my graduate work at Georgia, and yeah the Dawgs beat them but each game was a dogfight, no pun intended. It's amazing to see so many people get their pants in a bunch over them lol. But as I said, if Kelly's problem is he can't beat the likes of Bama or Clemson, well there are plenty worse problems to have with a program. Especially one with the academic toughness yet they still graduate their players in the high 90-percent range and win games. That's very respectable.

Don't worry though, they're ranked #14. Even if they run the table, which I doubt, they probably won't get a playoff spot even if there are multiple 1-loss teams.

Sorry if I came up rude lol but if Notre Dame had to face an OSU or whoever the top sec team is (just because the 5 stars alone) I would be more lax. If they could beat an Urban USC I would most likely give them credit. I gave them credit for the 2018 season. 2020 is a complete wash for every team for me. Kelly is good enough to beat the teams he shouldn't lose to. but I'm just tired of hearing the media spin it like they trounce OSU every year.

I also don't like the Media putting OSU on a pedestal but they have won a few big games in recent times and actually get 5 star talent.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Guess we have to hope for a Bama loss tonite and to Georgia so they would have 2 losses.

image-asset.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad