NFL GDT: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
meh. didn't show much. indy's defense was awful like the previous week, lot of injuries. he managed to be passable game manager and that was enough.

Thanks. I did check the NFL highlights but they never show much and my DVR didn't record the game.

Was hoping he'd show a bit more progression against what sounded like a pretty gettable defense... sounds like he'll have to be better going forward as the competition gets tougher.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Arizona and Miami's #1s had good games so Houston's #3 (at best) will?

I don't follow.

Hope Brisset gets it out quickly otherwise Watt will eat him a couple of times. I'll be there tonight.

Slot guys, and those are not the number ones by targets (or if they are, by like 1-2).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Slot guys, and those are not the number ones by targets (or if they are, by like 1-2).

Pretty sure both of those guys had a different corner on them (Butler on Landry, Ryan on Fitzgerald)

And they are each the #1s on their team, it's not a contest. Fitzgerald is better than Floyd, Landry is better than Parker or whoever else they have. I don't even think that's really debatable. Meanwhile Fuller and Nuke are worlds better than Strong and would be more likely to have big games. Just my opinion I guess, but I'm not seeing how Strong is the guy to worry about

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Pretty sure both of those guys had a different corner on them (Butler on Landry, Ryan on Fitzgerald)

And they are each the #1s on their team, it's not a contest. Fitzgerald is better than Floyd, Landry is better than Parker or whoever else they have. I don't even think that's really debatable. Meanwhile Fuller and Nuke are worlds better than Strong and would be more likely to have big games. Just my opinion I guess, but I'm not seeing how Strong is the guy to worry about

If Guy A gets more targets than Guy B, Guy A is the #1, regardless of talent level.

This is a whole lot of debate for some offhand "I have a feeling" comment. I guess it's to be expected when the Patriots are involved.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I just don't see Strong having much of a game. Osweiler isn't spreading the ball around. Nuke and Fuller and Lamar Miller get the majority of the targets in the passing game. Braxton Miller, Strong and the TE'S don't get much run.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seeing Rodgers so salty this week just makes me happy. I don't expect their struggles to last so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Osweiler is teetering on the scale of good and bad for me. His deep ball accuracy is much better but his overall accuracy is sketchy and decision making is much of the same.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Seeing Rodgers so salty this week just makes me happy. I don't expect their struggles to last so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

what did he say?

and what's up with the hate, that's not typical for you, no? is it his arrogant smirk/appearance, that he's been so good and is on a division rival or what?

not judging honest question.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
what did he say?

and what's up with the hate, that's not typical for you, no? is it his arrogant smirk/appearance, that he's been so good and is on a division rival or what?

not judging honest question.

He was just a little testy with the media. Not a fan of them picking him and the offense apart the last few days. It was in his scrum the other day.

Mainly just him being a divisional rival. Great player and I actually like watching him play but I have to root against him and his team. The arrogance and smugness we usually see makes it easier too.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Guy A gets more targets than Guy B, Guy A is the #1, regardless of talent level.

This is a whole lot of debate for some offhand "I have a feeling" comment. I guess it's to be expected when the Patriots are involved.

Not really, game plans can alter targets for players. For instance there are games where Edelman doesn't lead in targets, but he is the #1 receiver. Everybody knows it

And I just fail to see why you think a guy with a stat line of 0-0 will go off when there are two far more scary guys out there. Hell you talked about slot guys going off, well Braxton seems to be a better fit in that regard if an obscure guy will go off (edit: scratch that, not playing). That's all. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Maybe he does have a good game though, who knows. They get burned by random guys on occasion (see Matthews in the SB two years ago)

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gronk will be active tonight. Good to see with all of these injuries so far this season.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Patriots will find a way to win in the most Patriots way possible.

Either Brissett lights up the scoreboard, or the defense/special teams scores multiple TD's.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Patriots will find a way to win in the most Patriots way possible.

Either Brissett lights up the scoreboard, or the defense/special teams scores multiple TD's.

The game winning TD will come from Edelman throwing a TD pass to..........Edelman.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Clowney has looked good from what I've seen this season. Could be a breakout season if he can stay healthy.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Clowney still struggles to be a consistent pass rushing force. He has zero moves and doesn't use his hands well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad