Post-Game Talk: WEEK 3: Patriots Survive 15-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not exactly sure what people expected from the offense against a good defense in torrential downpour. The spread was 2.5 and the O/U was like 35, it was expected to be a low scoring game that the pats would win and it ended up being exactly that

The team is mid but we should already know that?

Winning was almost automatic nearly every Sunday for 20 years. Patriots fans were the most insanely privileged group of sports fans for nearly two decades.

We're not there anymore and now all of the sudden you can't discuss nuances or even have the most basic message board banter because it's a distraction from the "this team sucks" posts. I have no idea why half the posters in the thread even come in here. If you point out even the slightest positive or hint at improvement, you're labeled some type of Belichick or Mac Jones suck-up. It's bizarre.

If being a fan of a team is nothing but basking in misery, I suggest finding something else to do with your time for your own sanity.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Stats say otherwise Johnny.

They're significantly better than last year.

Unfortunately we have nobody on offense. Bill decided JuJu could do something and it's clear he's trash. Letting Jakobi go was a stupid idea.
The stats say what exactly? The Patriots have averaged 17 points per game, good for 25th in the league. That is not good. Points are what matter. If you pile up yardage but then can't score touchdowns or settle for FGs you are not a good offense. You are admitting we have nobody on offense. So I am not sure what you are arguing. Being a better offense than last year really doesn't mean anything.

Acknowledge improvement is not gloating, its just pointing out at a fact. Last year is over, Brady has been over for years. It's time to move on. If you want to point out every fault from past seasons, go ahead. They have played 2 of the best defenses in the league already. I wasn't expecting 35pt games so far
Who said anything about scoring 35? The have averaged 17 a game. There is quite a large gap between averaging 17 and being able to put up 35 points. Nobody is expecting this offense to score 30 a week. That doesn't mean it's not a terrible offense. It is.

Most of the defense was drafted by Bill. So singular pick is a joke and you know it. What's the point of even posting if you can't be truthful
Dude, you are the one that pointed out Gonzalez like it was some great find that nobody had ever heard of. He took the top rated guy on the board. Maybe if he did that more often he'd have a better drafting history. And if you want to hang your Belichick hat on him being able to put together a solid defense while they continue to be a mediocre/below average football team go right ahead. It hasn't gotten them anywhere post Brady and it won't going forward unless they actually have an offense.

Not exactly sure what people expected from the offense against a good defense in torrential downpour. The spread was 2.5 and the O/U was like 35, it was expected to be a low scoring game that the pats would win and it ended up being exactly that

The team is mid but we should already know that?
The weather was inconsequential to how this game went. It really wasn't that bad. Regardless of that though, this was the typical Jets-Patriots bore fest from previous years. They ran for 157 but only averaged 3.9 a carry. That isn't great. Mac was around 50% completion (his receivers suck and some of the play calling was questionable). You can't just keep saying every week that they played a good defense and then be content with the putrid offense. They are going to be playing other good defenses going forward and scoring 17 points a game will get you absolutely nowhere.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The stunning thing is that Zach Wilson didn't have a turnover. So with that in mind, what probably won the game today is that Mac did not have his usual killer boneheaded play. He avoided the big mistake. I don't see much hope for the offense based on the god awful weapons but the OL actually played pretty well today. So the OL and Mac being turnover free was nice to see.

Not to mention, didn't everyone predict we'd lose the first 2 games? We could EASILY be 3-0. But mistakes and poor execution and poor ball security plagued us.

Torrential rain and wind. No turnovers or fumbles. Came away with a win. Can't be mad at that.
Could easily be 0-3 too. That's the NFL. Most of the time the games are one score games.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Dolphins dropped 70, the Bills scored 37. It just illustrates that there is such a gap between what those offenses can do at peak performance compared to whatever the peak is for this Patriots offense.

You want another positive though? The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals and I could see the Patriots defense doing a number on Dak. I just need to see the offense take a legitimate step forward. I'm not gonna grant that after scoring 13 points just because they won the game.

We're not there anymore and now all of the sudden you can't discuss nuances
What "nuances" would you like to discuss?

Reactions: rfournier103

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Dolphins dropped 70, the Bills scored 37. It just illustrates that there is such a gap between what those offenses can do at peak performance compared to whatever the peak is for this Patriots offense.

You want another positive though? The Cowboys lost to the Cardinals and I could see the Patriots defense doing a number on Dak. I just need to see the offense take a legitimate step forward. I'm not gonna grant that after scoring 13 points just because they won the game.

we're in red sox bloom territory where you learn to enjoy the small things in life like a nice pass or run here and there or a good special teams or defensive play but the gap bt the elite teams is huge

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Same old Jimmy G

we're in red sox bloom territory where you learn to enjoy the small things in life like a nice pass or run here and there or a good special teams or defensive play but the gap bt the elite teams is huge
I barely got to enjoy that today as I was looking for the full Zach Wilson meltdown experience!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Bills also lost to the Jets so what does that say? It says any team at any time can lose.

Gotta just keep improving and getting better.

Reactions: hrdpuk

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Wow, Bill is still really good at this thing. Finding and getting the most out of corners. And then getting them paid elsewhere lol.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I could see that at some point but it would depend on what the structure of his current contract is.

I wish Bill knew how to do this with receivers!

From your lips!!!

I just don't get it. It's so beyond frustrating to see pretty much every team have a #1 and we got...nada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad