Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 28: Last Week of Regular Season "The Continued Suck" at Vegas, vs Oil

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
One thing I'd like to see the Avs concentrate on in the off-season is honest, serious integration of some dump and chase components. There has to be a go to adjustment for the neutral zone slog. You've got to find a way to consistently beat them to the puck in the corners. I feel like we keep watching the same kid trying to stuff the square peg in the round hole whenever someone slows down the NZ.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Growing up as a Viking fan (*family is Norwegian and came to America in 1913* began following them when they got into the NFL) I used to marvel at how members of my family that were absolutely clueless about football used to say "just throw it deep to Moss 4 times a quarter" like NFL defenses weren't game planning exactly versus that same thing.

When you two guys say what you just did, it makes me question if you are similarly clueless. You are both advocating that your wives know more about the NHL and hockey than a guy that has won at every level he coached. Why don't you guys sit the next few plays out and think about how ridiculous you sound and how it is reasonable to assume you guys are not worth listening to.
I’m a Vikings fan well. It’s a rough ride. Excited for Kwesi to mess up the draft.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I don’t thing the days off are a big deal honestly, they don’t have any chemistry to lose currently and it’s a good stretch of time to allow for small ticket items to heal up. Also allows them to watch a bunch of video and work on their recently putrid special teams. Can’t see anything bad coming from that honestly.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Thought this was interesting…
IMG_6139.png

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Betting the Jets just feels like such a strong bet in this series'

The sports bookies still haven't caught onto the fact this team is just a shell of the 2022 cup team, and that the goaltending is downright horrendous.

The goaltending matchup is such a wild mismatch that the Jets could easily sweep us quite frankly. I dont expect it to happen, but they absolutely could with Georgiev in the net and Annunen doesn't exactly improve the outlook either.

Reactions: missionAvs

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
If we need him to "shake things up" then we are f*cked anyway. Sure, it might happen. But you better hope and pray (if this is your thing) that he's not coming up to be our lord and savior. Because that's a role he's not suited for. Better hope for Landy being a surprise entry in a game 7 - that's more likely to happen than Kovi saving our asses.
You're assuming a lot from one post. By no means do I expect him to save our asses or be a saviour, but every team needs a shake-up now and then and usually younger guys with enthusiasm provide that.

He's another forward we can add to the mix and give each line a different dimension that isn't Cogliano/Parise/Kiviranta who look like liabilities mostly lately. This team definitely needs a shakeup right now, let's just hope the playoffs provide that mental reset.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
MacKinnon becomes the all-time leader scorer in a season for the franchise and there's no GDT ???

I only waited 42 years for someone to pass my childhood hero Peter Stastny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad