NFL GDT: Week 18

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you wanna know what's wrong with the Raiders that last Mahomes deep ball was a great example. Bad use of assets on defensive players who can't play. 2021 2nd round pick safety Moehrig leaves the WR open by 10-15 yards. Mahomes throws it terribly allowing Moehrig to catch back up and Moehrig doesn't even make the play to break the pass up, he whiffs and the waiver wire CB has to do it instead.

There was also a play earlier where Moehrig should have grabbed the ball and didn't. If you drafted guys with high picks, those guys have to make plays to win games. Unfortunately they can't hold anyone else accountable for picking him, those guys are already fired. When the guys the previous GM drafted don't do shit to win games you're starting from scratch.

Reactions: Gecklund

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chiefs aren't just here to beat the Raiders, they want to clown and embarrass them. Just zero respect with some of these play calls.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders never wanted to win this game
How many teams would they leap over with a win with regards to the draft?

But Mark Davis watching the new stadium filled with red jerseys these pst 2 weeks vs a former location rival and a division rival will not sit well with him. That’s why I don’t see LV opting for a qb at the draft. Don’t think McDaniels has that kind of leash to bank on a rookie next season.

But truth for the raiders is that they blew the rebuild. Learherwood, Arnette, Ruggs, Ferrell, Abrams, Mullen, Muse, Bowden, etc. day 1/2 picks either all done or will be done by the end of this season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How many teams would they leap over with a win with regards to the draft?

But Mark Davis watching the new stadium filled with red jerseys these pst 2 weeks vs a former location rival and a division rival will not sit well with him. That’s why I don’t see LV opting for a qb at the draft. Don’t think McDaniels has that kind of leash to bank on a rookie next season.
The QB’s at the draft will be fascinating because after a whole year prior being told how good this class would be, there are people now think next year’s is better.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The QB’s at the draft will be fascinating because after a whole year prior being told how good this class would be, there are people now think next year’s is better.
Williams and Maye seem legit high end prospects in line with Lawrence/Luck hype.

Young his issue is size. Put Young’s head onto any of the other QBs body, either stroud, Levis, hooker, Richardson and he’s a hands down top pick and worthy of massive hype.

Stroud, you expect more out of him due to the raw talent on the OSU roster. So many top WR with first round nfl talent.

Everyone else has talent but there are legit questions on them overcoming their current weaknesses to be top notch nfl QBs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I honestly thought that was a terribly overthrown ball to Hollins when it left his hand. That was a beauty by Stidham.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Williams and Maye seem legit high end prospects in line with Lawrence/Luck hype.

Young his issue is size. Put Young’s head onto any of the other QBs body, either stroud, Levis, hooker, Richardson and he’s a hands down top pick and worthy of massive hype.

Stroud, you expect more out of him due to the raw talent on the OSU roster. So many top WR with first round nfl talent.

Everyone else has talent but there are legit questions on them overcoming their current weaknesses to be top notch nfl QBs.
I think the Georgia game raised Stroud’s stock quite a bit. He displayed a running ability no one had seen, because he didn’t need to use it. Made him more of a gamer similar to the game Fields had against Clemson the second time.

Coaches will like that because they won’t have to teach him when not to run.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the Georgia game raised Stroud’s stock quite a bit. He displayed a running ability no one had seen, because he didn’t need to use it. Made him more of a gamer similar to the game Fields had against Clemson the second time.

He looked great in that game. As someone who isn't a college football fan, I was surprised watching it because all I heard was how to he doesn't run or play well out of structure and then he looked elite doing it all game against a top defense.

Reactions: GKJ

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Carr only has those franchise records because he’s the only QB the Raiders have kept for as long as a decade. If the Raiders ever get a Mahomes or Manning like talent at QB, those records would be shredded within 5 years tops.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If Indy stays out at their draft position at 5, they will take a QB or try to trade up to Chicago or Seattle if they feel that they don’t want to get jumped by another team.

I don’t see LV being able to move up to get him. They need to use the extra picks on D and other places. And maybe Stroud due to the size concerns of young has lept him in the eyes of Houston.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This guy jarret is garbage
He had a 110 qBR against them in week 3 and lost by 1 point

Better than this clown in the game currently
Carr had the ball at his own 10 with 2 minutes to go down 1 point to get LV into FG range with a top 3 K. Talking around 55 yards give or take to give Carlson a shot for a 50+ yard attempt. Didn’t get it done while Mahomes moves KC from their 25 into FG range with 15 seconds to go to send their PO game into OT.

All the stats don’t matter when the game is in your hands to win or lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad