NFL GDT: Week 16

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Kamara isn't committed to using his body. Of course he's their most dangerous player, but he's saving his body in the last 2-3 regular season games because it has no significance on winning a SB. Back in the day, the players just simply played hard and knew their team would take care of them.

Michael Thomas just doesn't want to play which is worse.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kamara isn't committed to using his body. Of course he's their most dangerous player, but he's saving his body in the last 2-3 regular season games because it has no significance on winning a SB. Back in the day, the players just simply played hard and knew their team would take care of them.

Michael Thomas just doesn't want to play which is worse.

With all due respect to the spirit of being competitive, I don't really blame Kamara if he's thinking business here.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With all due respect to the spirit of being competitive, I don't really blame Kamara if he's thinking business here.

I won't blame Saints or other organizations from not wanting to pay him if he is going to mail it in when his team is in playoff fight in final weeks of season if that is what he is doing

Not the type of player a team should look to bring aboard if they are looking to win

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I won't blame Saints or other organizations from not wanting to pay him if he is going to mail it in when his team is in playoff fight in final weeks of season if that is what he is doing

Not the type of player a team should look to bring aboard if they are looking to win

Look, who really knows, but Kamara never had a chance today. No one outside of an elite quarterback would have. I hate folks who advocate for tanking, but this is one of the few scenarios where I'm not going to blame a player for not taking on the world - which is what you're essentially asking Kamara to do tonight. Football is the least likely sport where a superstar (non-QB) could make a difference in such a context. He can't blow through 9 players to score 24 points by himself.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Awful 4th down call. Don't like the RB not being an option. Use the entire field.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kamara has been injured and may not be all the way back. They have always been careful with his touches, and he was getting too many, that's why they brought Ingram back

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The Saints are down 22 players. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that if Kamara had gone off and won this game, you'd be looking at one of the greatest performances of all-time in NFL history, if not the one.

Reactions: darko

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I completely forgot Kizer never won a game his only year as an NFL starter on that 0-16 Browns team

Honestly, I forgot Kizer was ever an NFL player

Whatever happened to him?
He was 0-15 that year, and only threw 42 more passes the next year with the Packers over 3 games. He was with the Raiders and then on and off the Titans practice squad the past 2 years.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I completely forgot Kizer never won a game his only year as an NFL starter on that 0-16 Browns team

Honestly, I forgot Kizer was ever an NFL player

Whatever happened to him?

DeShone Kizer - Wikipedia
Kizer entered the 2021 offseason as the third string quarterback competing with backup Logan Woodside for the No. 2 spot behind starter Ryan Tannehill.[60] Kizer was released on August 5, 2021, after the Titans signed quarterback Matt Barkley.[61] He was re-signed to the practice squad on November 26, 2021, but released three days later.[62]

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So basically Kizer's career is being extended as a post-covid expanded practice squad player?

His previous experience and age would not have qualified him to be signed to practice squads if not for Covid related changes , correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad