NFL GDT: Week 16

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To think the Pats have not scored an offensive touchdown since they beat the Chargers 45-0

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Bills have won 5 straight by double digits (Which they’ve also done without John Brown) and are the Hail Murray away from an 8 game winning streak.

Allen had that non throwing shoulder injury for a month (one of the former QBs analysts called the exact day it should stop affecting him from having the same injury) and every game besides that month he’s been straight MVP dominant.

The defense is infinitely better than it was the first half of the year. They are the best at third down conversions on offense, have had at least 20 first downs every game this year (2012 Pats only other team to do it), their rookie kicker never misses, they have the top kick returner and their punter would be atop stats categories but he doesn’t punt enough to qualify, and their coach gives up the least amount of win percentage on his fourth down decisions.

The Bills are a problem.

Reactions: Kupo

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Allen totally should be MVP but no way he take the award over Rodgers/Mahomes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think Rodgers has it too.

Allen has had maybe the most unexpected season in a long time though. Even if you thought he would be good...and I was not one who did...this season and the way he’s playing...unbelievable

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Mahomes will place second but I think Rodgers has it bagged up. He's staring down at a year of 50 touchdowns.

Interesting:

Rodgers

70.3% Completion Rate
4059 yards
44 TD - 5 Int
145 Rush yards - 3 TDs

Allen

69% Completion Rate
4320 yards
34 TDs - 9 Int
453 Rush yards - 8 TDs
1 Receiving TD

Mahomes

66.3% Completion Rate
4740 yards
38 TDs - 6 Int
308 Rush yards - 2 TDs

Why it isn't a 3 horse race is beyond me. Allen is right in the middle of Mahomes and Rodgers in so many things. Mahomes has the most yardage, followed by Allen then Rodgers. Rodgers has the most TDs followed by Allen and Mahomes. Allen middle Completion Percentage and is the best rusher of the group. Allen also had the hardest schedule of the three. Chiefs played 5 playoff teams, Packers 6 (if you count the Bears twice), Bills 8 (if you count the Cardinals)

Reactions: tacogeoff and Kupo

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Allen totally should be MVP but no way he take the award over Rodgers/Mahomes.

Mahomes will place second but I think Rodgers has it bagged up. He's staring down at a year of 50 touchdowns.

I think Rodgers has it too.

Allen has had maybe the most unexpected season in a long time though. Even if you thought he would be good...and I was not one who did...this season and the way he’s playing...unbelievable

Interesting:

Rodgers

70.3% Completion Rate
4059 yards
44 TD - 5 Int
145 Rush yards - 3 TDs

Allen

69% Completion Rate
4320 yards
34 TDs - 9 Int
453 Rush yards - 8 TDs
1 Receiving TD

Mahomes

66.3% Completion Rate
4740 yards
38 TDs - 6 Int
308 Rush yards - 2 TDs

Why it isn't a 3 horse race is beyond me. Allen is right in the middle of Mahomes and Rodgers in so many things. Mahomes has the most yardage, followed by Allen then Rodgers. Rodgers has the most TDs followed by Allen and Mahomes. Allen middle Completion Percentage and is the best rusher of the group. Allen also had the hardest schedule of the three. Chiefs played 5 playoff teams, Packers 6 (if you count the Bears twice), Bills 8 (if you count the Cardinals)

There are three wonderful candidates right there. I personally think it’s Rodgers if Green Bay takes the top seed. It will be a fun battle to watch though between Allen and Mahomes moving forward.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There are three wonderful candidates right there. I personally think it’s Rodgers if Green Bay takes the top seed. It will be a fun battle to watch though between Allen and Mahomes moving forward.
Depends how voters feel. Had 2 new winners the past 2 seasons. Do they want a 3rd new guy or a repeat one? And Rodgers doing it in his mid 30's. Allen, bringing a team up says something as well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God watching the Pats get taken apart was so cathartic. Now they know how the entire AFC East felt for 20 years.

Also I did not realize Rodgers was having that insane of a season. Hot damn.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
God watching the Pats get taken apart was so cathartic. Now they know how the entire AFC East felt for 20 years.

Also I did not realize Rodgers was having that insane of a season. Hot damn.
Kind of odd to see BB pretty much give up at the end of the half when the Pats had 3rd down around their 40 something yard line with 2 timeouts and 35 or so seconds not use a Timeout to draw up a play to convert it and try to get into FG. He has always valued points at the end and beginning of the half. Basically said, Cam can't throw it and our WR can't get open.

NE is in desperate need of play makers and a QB. Even Brady could only do so much with that group of skilled positions. It will take 11-5 most likely to make the WC. Where would Brady find an extra 5 wins for NE this season? Denver probably. maybe Seattle early in the season due to their poor D. The other 3?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Adam Gase isn't fit to coach the puppy bowl, let alone anywhere in the NFL.

If he does get the job, rest assured he'll get another chance to get a head coach gig in like 10 years after someone refuses to learn to not hire fools gold from the Belichick sphere of influence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad